Isla Aukate
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Freeze Ray Cafe
After a long day in the R&D labs Archeus strode into the cafe. She pulled up stool to the bar and unbuttoned her coat so that her wings could fall at ease.
She motioned at the bartender. "A stiff cup of tea if you please, and cream of course."
Twas good to relax for a bit.
Freya chuckled at Kaitlyn's response on musical tastes. "I can't knock it." She replied cheerfully before finishing off the drink she had, and ordering another.  She fiddled idly with her empty glass as Kaitlyn formulated a response to her query.  She tilted her head a bit at the eventual reply. "A burlesque club huh?  I can't say I've ever been to one, but it does sound like it might be something fun to try out."  Kaitlyn's comment about working at said club piqued some curiosity. "Oh?  Doing the same thing, or something else?" She asked.  She nodded when swimming spots was brought up.  "I may have to get you to tell me the best ones sometime." She replied.  She wanted to ask what the usual haunts were, but the otter moved off to deliver more drinks before she got the question out.

Freya shifted a bit, pulling her wings in tight against her back to make room as someone new stepped up to the bar and took a stool.  She looked over with a smile, and waved.  "Hello." She greeted Archeus with a small wave.
Jade stepped in to the Cafe after a long week keeping her away. She made a quick check to see if she recognized anyone before spotting a few familiar faces; along with a cute new one scurrying about that she could only assume was a new hire. She made her way over to the bar where everyone was sitting, sitting and greeting her friends before ordering her usual soda.

"Hello Freya, I hope the Citadel has been treating you well? I hear they're using your performance in Bootcamp as the gold standard now for your department. And hey Archy, Shard!"

Jade stretched a bit as she waited for her drink, before continuing. "Whew, what a week. At least we got to top it off watching the launching of that sweet ride of yours, Arch. I'm a bit jealous you'll get to run that all over the archipelago. The AI development is interesting and all, and picking apart the Darnathi tech has been a huge help, but sometimes I just wanna get out of the house, so to say."
I am an administrator from a technical viewpoint only. I just keep the forums up to date and free from spam, and have no authority regarding the roleplay universe; please contact Foxenawolf for RP issues :3
However, if you're having technical troubles, feel free to shoot me a PM!
"Heya Jade" Shard said lifting his drink in greeting. "Funny you should mention the ship. I was on it you know." he said with a grin. "I monitored the air speed detection to see if any turbulence of rough winds were coming our way." he added before taking yet another small sip of his drink. "But enough about that, how's the AI coming along? I couldn't keep my ear to the ground as much as I like this last week. Base ops were pretty busy." he finished as he turned to give Jade his full attention.
"Ugh, it's SLOW. The worst part is it is so easy to accidentally train an algorithm to cheat. The computer is unforgiving when it comes to doing as you say, not as you want. For example, making sure you give the test samples in a different order each time. Otherwise, it just learns to count and gives the same answer no matter what sample you give it. Or for another one, you gotta be sure you're giving it both samples and non-samples, and that the samples are all from different angles, and that the non-samples include not just very similar things but also very different things, and so on."

Jade let out a sigh, before drinking some of the soda she finally received. She set it down and continued, "A lot of these things only barely use 'AI' but I'm thinking tying some of it all together might make things more useful. Like having the inventory tracking systems predict when we might need Base Ops to go fetch more fruits, then monitoring the scans to see what all we're getting and what condition it's in to predict what kind of stuff the chefs should make to help keep the stuff from going bad before we can use it. Or security feeds being able to track who is where to notice people getting in with spoofed cards, or otherwise shouldn't be here; and notifying the guards to investigate."

She slumped a bit, adding "But I think that all this stuff still has a way to go before we're ready for that kind of integration. It still struggles telling a coconut from a pineapple."
I am an administrator from a technical viewpoint only. I just keep the forums up to date and free from spam, and have no authority regarding the roleplay universe; please contact Foxenawolf for RP issues :3
However, if you're having technical troubles, feel free to shoot me a PM!
(03-01-2019, 02:11 AM)Socks the Fox Wrote: Jade stepped in to the Cafe after a long week keeping her away. She made a quick check to see if she recognized anyone before spotting a few familiar faces; along with a cute new one scurrying about that she could only assume was a new hire. She made her way over to the bar where everyone was sitting, sitting and greeting her friends before ordering her usual soda.

"Hello Freya, I hope the Citadel has been treating you well? I hear they're using your performance in Bootcamp as the gold standard now for your department. And hey Archy, Shard!"

Jade stretched a bit as she waited for her drink, before continuing. "Whew, what a week. At least we got to top it off watching the launching of that sweet ride of yours, Arch. I'm a bit jealous you'll get to run that all over the archipelago. The AI development is interesting and all, and picking apart the Darnathi tech has been a huge help, but sometimes I just wanna get out of the house, so to say."

Archeus gave a big nod to Jade. "Well I've had a lot of help from a great crew. Our Overlord will have a remarkable vessel for the Military when all is said and done. I'm just the poor shlep that has to sign off on everything working right. But so far all the testing has been superb."
Freya perked up, turned as she heard her name.  She smiled at Jade.  "Hi, It's been pretty great so far." She replied to the question of how the Citadel had been treating her.  The scales on her face darkened a bit when Jade brought up her Bootcamp performance. She gave a soft, slightly surprised sounding chuckle before she responded. "I didn't realize how far the news had traveled"  She wasn't quite sure what to do with the realization that she had apparently gained some small amount of notoriety. "I'm mostly just happy I made it through" She confessed.  

Jade spoke of her troubles with AI development, and it gave Freya an idea.  "Do you think, when it's finished, that the AI would be able to help us predict which areas of the island are going to give us the best foraging at any given time?" She asked curiously. The conversation at the bar turned to the airship. Freya quieted and listened with interest to the discussion while she waited for her drink.