Isla Aukate
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bootcamp training day 2 Research and Development Department
Mark had done his best to listen attentively to the older recruit. Fortunately, the cerebral anatomy lesson had been kept fairly brief. If the fellow had droned on too much longer, he would have been hard pressed to stifle a yawn. He could tell Garret was excited to have a potential medical comrade, and that was good. Realizing the recruit was finished, he listened to Silver's question and added one of his own.

"A very thorough lesson on the structure of the brain, Recruit English. Do you see yourself teaching, also?"
All Hail the Overlord!
Amos was happy to see that the two were moderately impressed with his presentation. He had worried he might not be passed given his own lack of innovation, but it seemed Dr. Silver was not too worried about such a thing, as was Mr. M'rega, though he likely didn't find the entire thing exceptionally interesting. 

"Thank you both" He replied, taking the carved brain back in his hands after Dr. Silver had looked over it. His ears perked up at the mention of Neurology, it was a field he had heard of before. He had thought once long ago about following it, but had passed it up for the safety of his chair and desk in his office back home. While there was also the mention of teaching. Something he had also considered given his knowledge. Amos thought back to his project and he looked down at the brain in his hands. He thought about how careful his own approach had been to this project, he had been safe for so many years. "I know what I will do" He thought to himself. "I will not let myself fall into careful and rigid ways of thinking and acting. I came here to renew myself, to become more than I was before." He nodded to himself as he made his decision.

"I would like to pursue a field in Neurology if at all possible. While I would be happy to teach in my spare time, I want to explore something that I have not professionally been a part of before. Thank you gentleman for your time today, and listening to an old man." He said with a slight grin. "Is there anything else before I sit down?" He asked.
"What would you do for a better world?"
Mark looked over at Garret, and then back to the recruit.

"I have no other questions. I'll defer to Dr. Silver's judgement, and give you a pass. Garret?"

The tiger looked back over at his friend and inclined his head, indicating both the question and acknowledgement of Silver having the final say.
All Hail the Overlord!