Isla Aukate
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Morning Dew. (Part 1.)
Bidden quietly, the cadence and words to remind gathered. Spoken, inside, a vow, a promise, and regrets they sang of. And the sirens of the night Began.

Ua makemake au e mālama i ka maluhia.  (I only came in peace.)

Akā, ua alualu mai lākou iaʻu ma ka ua.     (But they chased me through the rain)

ʻO kēlā mau meaʻawaʻawa, ka meaʻino e pepehi nei.   (Of those dark that hunt, the evil that kills)

Nā kui a me nā kui, nā niho a me nāʻae         (Claws and fangs, tooth and jaws)
e lawe mai ana i ka ua koko e kau i loko        (bringing bloody rain to pool in)
he holoʻana, mai kahi'ē mai, i kaʻeha a pau.   (a flight from, a flight from, all the pain)

E ola i kēia pō                     (To live this night)
me nā holoholona a puni     (with beasts about)

E kaua kaua? E hūnā wau? Hiki iaʻu ke hāʻawi i nā koi?  (Should I fight? Should I hide? Should I give in to demands?)

Wale kekona ke koho.    (Only seconds to choose)

Ke kumukuai o ka noa    (Whats the price of being free)
he pōhaku'ōlinolino?       (a brightly shining stone?)

Hoʻokiʻekiʻe i ka naʻau      (Greedy hearts in )
manawa pōloli pōloli        (hungry predatory minds )
ʻike i kaʻuhane hou           (sighted on a new soul)
ka mea i hana i loko o ko lākou wahi. (that meandered through their lair. )

ʻO ka pōhaku kūpoki a me ka ea ahi.       (Cobbled stone and burning air. )

ʻO ke ahi wela, akā ua hoʻokūpī i ka hula. (Breathing fire, yet harried wake.

Kuʻi kaʻelemakule a me ka mea hou e hoʻomaka ana i ka hoʻomakaʻana o ka papa  (My old one ending and new one starting at the beginning of a mast)

Wet, bone-chilling, wind cutting, wet. The sirens screaming upon the poles. 

I heard them, and pushed into town, letting the dark hide me, as rain did my steps. 

I, soon. I could see the lights, distant upon the dock. I would be gone soon. 

Soon, I would be away. A new chance at home. It still bled freely. They needed to see, to send the stranger away. Or they would offer their own throats to slit when he turned upon them in his hunger. 

They always talked, the sweetest voices to tempt, to disarm us. Them, not us. 

There! And there too.. Hmm, I might run, but the numbers, and they must know this place, I do not. 

ʻo ia! (dammit!) Breathe... March high. Face down the ruler of this pack. Without him, they will hesitate.

"Hand it over stripe. Saw you with't. Heard'ja talkin too for passage. Ya do, might get to walkin this off. Don't and we feed ya to the waves. Just another tribal."

Hmm, cat, maybe, can see a bit of the sheen, still, watching. Yes, watching the saddlebag, not me. 

"I wish no trouble. Nor conflict. I wish to pass, and see myself from trouble this night. Let me pass." I could hope.

"See, not how it goes here. These are my boys, and you gotta pay, whatsa word. Tribute. For walkin through. Can't have no-named tribals trashin up the town."

Spirits, be with me this night. 

"ka hanu, hahau!" And the one behind me crumpled. A second I could hear kneeling, as it words filtered in. 

"He's breathing, all sorta bad." 

Bracing, i could only breathe in. Out. Focusing, and.. Move!

"I wish it could have happened another way brother. I do."

I felt the bones of the feline gang boss crumple.

I felt the rake of claws upon my hide in my charge.

I felt the impacts of clubs along my body.

I felt nothing inside as I trampled him, and left him, broken, bleeding.

I felt only one drive, pushing me on, the boat and its solitary light upon its prow. 

I felt only triumph when the captain dared not remove me from his boat.

I only felt in the morning light, when I passed out on the dock. Battered, bleeding, but free on august.
Music is the language that we all share. Dance well to your own inner tune.

Messages In This Thread
A Morning Dew. (Part 1.) - by TheStratovarian - 07-31-2018, 05:30 AM
A Morning Dew. (Part 2.) - by TheStratovarian - 08-02-2018, 04:28 AM