Isla Aukate
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isle Aukate - Page 1326
[Image: 1326.png]
I seriously wonder what Steele's IQ level actually is...
We can't get him to take the test. Keeps muttering about "childish comparisons" and "Not valid since it's two different species" or something.
Empathy and understanding of someone's feeling has nothing to do with IQ, though.
Looks like the first time Bane hears those words... And she obviously wasn't expecting them.
In the writing for this page I just remembered how so often people will tell the person in a funk to "Stop feeling sorry for yourself already!" It never does any good, and it always struck me as someone just telling the person to stop feeling sad instead of trying to help them through it. Darius has been a father long enough to know that something like this is not petty and the hurt is deep enough that it shouldn't be blown off as such. So he's trying to reach out and let her know he understands. And more importantly, he doesn't think less of her.
When you're hurting, and there's this sudden awareness that someone doesn't just understand you, but gives a shit too.., it can be a growth moment.

I think Bain is about to do just that!
(12-10-2016, 12:46 AM)Artemis Wrote: In the writing for this page I just remembered how so often people will tell the person in a funk to "Stop feeling sorry for yourself already!" It never does any good, and it always struck me as someone just telling the person to stop feeling sad instead of trying to help them through it. Darius has been a father long enough to know that something like this is not petty and the hurt is deep enough that it shouldn't be blown off as such. So he's trying to reach out and let her know he understands. And more importantly, he doesn't think less of her.

Yeah: 'stop feeling sad', 'stop being depressed' and so on, as if one could just snap their fingers and get rid of the feelings.
It's the easy way, because not many people will go the extra length to reach out.