Isla Aukate
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isle Aukate - Page 1434
[Image: 1434.png]
If it goes badly, I suppose I could always go play more chess... Tongue
Yep.. Red Shirts😏
(L-R) Ensign Disposable, Ensign Consumable, Ensign Replaceable, Ensign Expendable. ;D
Can't help but laugh at Shards facepalm.

And that look on his face in the last panel LOL
They're the Snackables! :p

What they do not know is that they are sent as payment/offerings to Octavia. Tasty Minions to make the great Chimenticore leader even greater... in size and weight! :p

Joke aside, I have a hard time understanding why they need witnesses for the renewal of the contract? And how Octavia can accept that the witnesses are working for the other party of the contract. I mean, if there's an issue arising during the course of the contract, something needing arbitration in one form or another, the witnesses would be instantly disqualified by the judge/arbiter because they can't be considered as neutral parties since they work for the Overlord.
(03-27-2017, 03:34 PM)Tamara Wrote: Joke aside, I have a hard time understanding why they need witnesses for the renewal of the contract? And how Octavia can accept that the witnesses are working for the other party of the contract. I mean, if there's an issue arising during the course of the contract, something needing arbitration in one form or another, the witnesses would be instantly disqualified by the judge/arbiter because they can't be considered as neutral parties since they work for the Overlord.

This is mostly ceremony and show, not to mention Octavia has her witnesses as well. If an issue occurs and it becomes a matter of "We said, they said" THEN they can bring in a neutral party and have them listen to both sides' witnesses and look over the contracts themselves to settle any disputes. But for now, all of this is mostly for show and formality. The contents of the contracts have already been worked out and handled. This is just a chance for Octavia to put on a show for the outsiders (who will then tell folks how amazing an experience it was and how great the chimenticores are), and to bring in extra hands to haul back any gifts Octavia has them bring home.
Ah, ok, this is just the signing ceremony, all the contract stuff and negotiations have already been dealt with. I understand now. Thanks for clearing up the confusion.
Ouch, Bane! Come back with your shield..., on ON it, eh?
Something tells me there is going to be a "Diplomatic Incident" XD