Isla Aukate
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isle Aukate - Page 1475
[Image: 1475.png]
Hector's got a "special" deal? Smooth, Hector.
I like Octavia in the middle "panel" <3
Actually sounds like he wasn't allowed to do that, but I wonder why Octavia is against it and what he planned to do with their services? Interesting information...
Anti-competition clause: if Hector buys dozens of contracts from members of the aerie and creates his own nest, he can put the aerie out of work.
It's nothing to do with competition. Without an octavid Chimenticore an aerie can't thrive. And Octavids don't have contracts, so they can't be "purchased" Buying a Chimenticore's contract can free them from the life of servitude to their aviary. It's very expensive to do so and usually can only be done through a racing sponsorship, since it's designed to pay for the individual's comfortable existence for the rest of it's days. It frees them from the work force entirely once their contract is fullfilled. they'd have all the money they'd need to live happily and comfortably the rest of their lives.
What makes the octavid so special, and why this name?

Also, I'm a bit lost as to why Hector can't buy contracts then...
An Octavid is what Octavia is, a four-winged "Queen" Chimenticore. There's very few born every generation and is usually groomed to replace the queen. 95% of them are female it's very rare to see a male Octavid. Males tend to be untied to a single aviary and gaurantee an octavid heir when they breed with a female octavid. They do not form aviaries of their own but tend to remain the Sire of only a select few aviaries.

The reason Hector is barred from buying contracts is because he can buy more than one at a time, they know he'd abuse his ability to buy their contracts if he were allowed to do so.