Isla Aukate
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isle Aukate - Page 1530
...Making Bane a better ball is not a waste of resources. It's a vital necessity!

Just ask Bane. She'll make that quite clear!
XD... oh fun....
(07-01-2017, 08:49 PM)Tamara Wrote: So, the yearly performance review doesn't review your performance through the past year but hands you a random assignment to complete? A silly one that looks like quite a waste of resources?

You got us. This is just a silly useless random assignment and nothing at all intended to take him out of his comfort zone and test his capabilities and perhaps do something about how he feels he's a mere token non-carnivore and raise his confidence somewhat. Why would Bane care if the people under her employ are having problems like that?
It is the mark of a good leader that Bane cares about his feelings and his problems, and that she wants to do something to address them and boost his confidence. (Although, between this page and the next page, it feels like the only thing she is raising at the moment is his stress level! XD)

But, unless I am misunderstanding or mistranslating something (quite possible, I'm not a native English speaker), it seems that, during a yearly performance review, you usually meet with your hierarchical superior and review your performance at doing your job during the last year, pointing out successes and failures, in order to identify your strengths and weaknesses and define ways for you to improve for the coming year, in order to make you more efficient at doing your job. (That's the theory, I believe the vast majority of employees subjected to that kind of thing find them quite useless, notably due to a huge bias in the 'scoring system' used, the way you're seen by your hierarchical superior, or both, that influences the result of the review and the commentaries written by the superior.)

Your comment, Artemis, confirms that this is absolutely not what Bane is doing here.
XD