Isla Aukate
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isle Aukate - Page 1602
[Image: 1602.png]
Oh my. This... just got more emotional.

And she's going to visit the man who is probably the most powerful empath on the planet, likely at least a little miffed, with many a thought on her mind.

Oh dear, oh me, oh my oh my... The best laid plans of chirrs and men all fall apart when they hit reality, don't they?

(It's "chirrs and men" because snake rats and sirenidae is redundant, and neither has the same ring that "chirrs" does in that saying.)
(09-11-2017, 04:05 AM)Hariman Wrote: Oh my. This... just got more emotional.

And she's going to visit the man who is probably the most powerful empath on the planet, likely at least a little miffed, with many a thought on her mind.  

Oh dear, oh me, oh my oh my... The best laid plans of chirrs and men all fall apart when they hit reality, don't they?

(It's "chirrs and men" because snake rats and sirenidae is redundant, and neither has the same ring that "chirrs" does in that saying.)

Just to note, since we only ever imply this. The Collar around Silver's neck is not just a shock Collar but an empathic dampening Collar. Which is a Thing on Alvarni to Control Rogue Empaths. Hinted at in a previous arc when Cobalt was talking about Sompaths. He couldn't use his empathy if he wanted to and the collar will shock him again if he tries.
Somehow, I have feeling that this so special Sirenidae might not live to see her normal body wake up... Or not too long afterwards... Like, 5 seconds after the body wakes up, max...
She's currently a sirenidae, not a chirr :3
I am an administrator from a technical viewpoint only. I just keep the forums up to date and free from spam, and have no authority regarding the roleplay universe; please contact Foxenawolf for RP issues :3
However, if you're having technical troubles, feel free to shoot me a PM!
Thank you! 

That's probably standard procedure for holding empaths too, even weaker ones.  

I do remember the Sompath's having collars too.  

Also, I still fear for Ammolite and Beryl, if Silver is let loose and freed from the collar in their presence, while Artemis is still captive.
Well now, cracks are already showing in this venture! One wonders if the active Beryl template in this sirenidae will be the one uploaded into her restored body or not!
"She"
"You mean I"
This is making me think.

What IS actually this Beryl? Or better, what has been inserted in this sirenidae's head? Because if it's only a replica, what prevents this Beryl to refuse disappearing once the original is restored? I'm wondering. Because of course you need the original body, this is only a way to keep assimilating information while you're, ah, "out of service", and in case you need a pair of hands to drag your body to safety. Or at least, what I perceive here is that the sirenidae-Beryl is like a doll, not the original with just a different body. If you die, people would only have something that acts like you would but it's not, actually, you. Am I right?
(09-13-2017, 04:12 PM)TheSphinx Wrote: "She"
"You mean I"
This is making me think.

What IS actually this Beryl? Or better, what has been inserted in this sirenidae's head? Because if it's only a replica, what prevents this Beryl to refuse disappearing once the original is restored? I'm wondering. Because of course you need the original body, this is only a way to keep assimilating information while you're, ah, "out of service", and in case you need a pair of hands to drag your body to safety. Or at least, what I perceive here is that the sirenidae-Beryl is like a doll, not the original with just a different body. If you die, people would only have something that acts like you would but it's not, actually, you. Am I right?

This is something I've danced around because it will make a lot of people sad when I confirm it. Max is Dead. The "Max" that clings to Alex and keeps her sane, is not Max. You can copy a hard-drive's data onto a new Hard Drive but it will never be the same hard drive. It will have all the memory it will have all the data, but it will not be the same hardware. The Sirenidae that believes itself to be Beryl is just that. The chip in it's head is Beryl's copied memories. It is not Beryl. The same, sadly, also applies to Max. The sirenidae that Alex clings to, is a copy of Max. Now. if Beryl's original body was revived, and the sirenidae's chip removed and "re-uploaded" into Beryl's original body. Then it would have her "interim" memories while she was a Sirenidae. Otherwise if the chip is not re-uploaded Beryl will only have the memories of her time up until she was shot in the head.
(09-14-2017, 11:57 AM)Foxenawolf Wrote: You can copy a hard-drive's data onto a new Hard Drive but it will never be the same hard drive. It will have all the memory it will have all the data, but it will not be the same hardware.

Some say that an exact copy would be the same person, others say it wouldn't. It's a good philosophical question, one that people have been fighting with for many years, and even more now as some are working on ways to transfer a brain to a computer.