Isla Aukate
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HMS Dressel
(02-25-2019, 07:59 PM)Tigermark Wrote: After receiving positive replies to his inquiries of Darius and Fox, Mark left his office with his go bag and hurried back to the hangar where The Dressel  had been built. He arrived just as the large airship began edging out of the hangar. He managed to jump aboard just before the crewman shut the hatch. Remembering the layout, he tossed his go bag in his office and headed to the forward gondola where the bridge was. He managed to get there just as the ship slowly began to rise. He held his peace during the critical moments, and then quietly stated.

"Commander M'Rega reporting, Permission to come aboard, Professor?"

"Welcome aboard Commander! Permission granted. Over the next two weeks we'll be actively commissioning the vessel, and conducting test runs over the entire Island. During these trials we have an open slate to perform any troupe maneuvers you may wish to entertain. For today we're looking at ascending to 5 Kilometers and doing low and mid level forward flight routines."
Archeus then lead the commander to a seemingly empty spot of the Command Deck looking down she pointed to triangle in a circle emblem. "If you tap twice on one of these symbols a command station will engage." Archeus extended her leg out and operated the embedded switch. The floor opened up as a table with multiple monitors arose. A command chair then raised into position. Archeus holding out her hand gestured. "Here you go Commander, you can monitor the ships statistics here. And any crew orders can be given by simply using the PA. The number pad can be used to signal any specific area. Please feel free to test drive the station to your hearts desire. We are operating in Safe Mode so you can't hurt anything."
Archeus looked out the forward command as the Dressel approached some low lying clouds.
"Spectacular Just Spectacular!" She mused.  "We're almost to cruising altitude."
Archeus walked over to another command station and activated it. She sat down and grabbed a PA phone. "Attention on board! We will be making preparations for Forward momentum very shortly so please use extreme caution."
Shard, who had been on the bridge the whole time finally founds his voice after being so enamored with the launch. "This is awesome" he said looking out the windows before turning around and watching the command chair rise into position. "Science is so amazing" he gasped in awe, hie eyes all sparkly with wonderment. Of course at Archeus's warning he took hold of one of the hand rails lining the walls for just such instances. While Renfield who it seemed wanted to watch the launch from the bridge hung on tight to Shards uniform leg.
Archeus seeing Shard's reaction stepped over to him.
"Here Mr Shard allow me to give you a hand." She activated a station for him to sit at.
"This is really easy to use," she went on to explain. "This is the current wind speed indicator, the weather is very good today, but it's always possible some turbulence may be encountered. If you or Mr Renfield see these readings turn red just let Mr Razzle know. He can alter course as needed.
Until then just enjoy the view. We're very glad to have you here."
Razzle was watching the skies ahead and checking his flight plan. Everything was going well until he flipped a page in his notebook and noticed that the plans no longer made any sense. When he looked in the corner of the page, he noticed that a page was missing.
He thumbed through the notebook, checking to see if the page was out of order or pages were stuck together.
After looking through the notebook several times, he turned around and looked at Archy.
"Excuse me professor, we have a small issue here", Razzle said.
"What is the problem?" Archy asked.
"There is a page missing from the flight plan. I've checked through the notebook several times and everything else is in order and there aren't any pages stuck together. What do you want me to do?"
"Maybe it was something that was discarded perhaps?" Shard suggested from where he sat at his station. "I mean it's not uncommon for someone to rip out a page of a book or diary if they don't like how they've written something. I do it all the time with my diary." he added. before returning his attention to the readouts which still showed the sky to be all clear and the wind steady.
(02-28-2019, 01:16 AM)Southpaw Wrote: Razzle was watching the skies ahead and checking his flight plan. Everything was going well until he flipped a page in his notebook and noticed that the plans no longer made any sense. When he looked in the corner of the page, he noticed that a page was missing.
He thumbed through the notebook, checking to see if the page was out of order or pages were stuck together.
After looking through the notebook several times, he turned around and looked at Archy.
"Excuse me professor, we have a small issue here", Razzle said.
"What is the problem?" Archy asked.
"There is a page missing from the flight plan. I've checked through the notebook several times and everything else is in order and there aren't any pages stuck together. What do you want me to do?"

Archeus sitting at her command station and looking at the monitor. "No problem Mr Razzle. Pull up your start menu and click on Commission notes. The flight plans are listed by dates. Click on that and you'll be good. You can print it from there or just keep it up on the monitor.
Basically we're going to make 3 trips across the Island. Each one will be 4 knots faster than the last. We'll be testing the turn radius control as well as our altitude control.  The computer is logging all our results automatically.
Mark checked the plan and saw they were to level at six thousand for the test profile. he issued the commands to make that happen.

"Prepare to level the ship at six thousand. Helm, bring us about to One Three Zero. Engineering, prepare to increase speed per test profile once we come about."

He glanced back and Archy and grinned.

"How'm I doin, perfesser?"
All Hail the Overlord!
(02-28-2019, 07:51 AM)Tigermark Wrote: Mark checked the plan and saw they were to level at six thousand for the test profile. he issued the commands to make that happen.

"Prepare to level the ship at six thousand. Helm, bring us about to One Three Zero. Engineering, prepare to increase speed per test profile once we come about."

He glanced back and Archy and grinned.

"How'm I doin, perfesser?"

Archeus gave a smile and a nod. "At the rate we're going I do believe we're gonna have an incredible ship for our overlord."
Archeus was watching the various systems operate. She stepped over to Razzle.
"Looking good there Razzle. I need to go to the engine room for some checks.
After that I'll be in the battery room, I may even fly up to the solar panels and see how they're looking.
Just keep running the routines. I'll be back shortly."
Archeus looked over to Mark. "Commander I'll leave the ship in your good care. Be back after I do some check outs. Feel free to do any flyovers you want."
Archeus excused herself to the lower decks looking for any problems along the way.
After doning her flight suit she went to the rear deck and prepared for the exit. Her wings outstretched she sailed away then swept around to the upper gallery of the ship. She reached in her pouch for the digital camera and started photographing as much of the ships exterior as possible. Then on to the massive solar panels on top. Archeus was mindful not to get to close to them or let anything drop on to them. She continued on downloading the wireless information from each gang of panels. Maybe tomorrow she'd be able to go over all data she collected.
After a while she landed back at the rear. Returned to her R&D uniform and made one last pass through the hydraulic skid room. It had been a good day and she was pleased how things were going.
"Okay, speed is up to the top run for this first series. Now it calls for a maximum rate turn at the end. Engineering, maintain speed. Helm, come about sharply to port to a heading three six zero. Let's see what she'll do."

Mark watched the horizon swing by as the big airship heeled slightly over in the turn. Suddenly a warning horn blared out and several lights went yellow on his panel. A computerized voice called out, "Caution, frame stress approaching caution zone, Sectors three and five."

"Hold turn and speed!" Mark called out.

Now would be the test of Archy's new material.
All Hail the Overlord!