Isla Aukate
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HMS Dressel
Mark heard Shard's callout and decided not to risk it.

"Cut speed to 60% turbine output. We'll begin slowing to maneuvering speed when we're three miles out."

He was still getting this out when an indicator on his panel lit up red.
All Hail the Overlord!
Dean having mostly recovered from the blue screen mind does his best to go with the flow till he finally realizes he's been silent for a lot longer than he has meant to. opening his mouth to apologize when the distress call comes in From Noema.
Where do you want me and, what may I do to Help?
(03-12-2019, 03:20 AM)DeanFox Wrote: Dean having mostly recovered from the blue screen mind does his best to go with the flow till he finally realizes he's been silent for a lot longer than he has meant to.  opening his mouth to apologize when the distress call comes in From Noema.
Where do you want me and, what may I do to Help?

Archeus smiling at Dean. "Ah just in the nick of time. We're trimming the power back right now." Archeus activates a second Helm control.

"Here yo go Dean.  Razzle has been doing all the Navigation by himself, it's better to have two at the wheel. As Mark calls out orders you can enter them in here." Archeus shows Dean the various Flight and Navigation screens on the computer. "And Razzle is right here beside you He'll be mirroring a lot of the same moves."

"I have all the faith in the world in you Dean. You'll enjoy it."

Archeus back at her Engineering station going over the vibration reports.

"Commander I'll be back shortly." Archeus left the bridge to find Garran.

Down at the foil stabilizers she was looking over the equipment with Garran.

"Well the main turbine is pretty well balanced, we'll have to make a few minor balance moves on it. I'm more concerned with the stabilizers." Archeus was scratching her head. "Hmmmm well looks like the pressure could be raised. What do you think Mr White? The O-rings are rated for 3000 Psi. We're only running 1800 from the skid.

This was a pretty good test run even if it was unplanned. I'm running a results program right now. If you want why don't we meet back on the bridge in a couple minuets.

We can figure out what changes need to be made after the rescue. We should be nearly on top of it by now."
Garran had just removed a large panel and was checking the wiring of the foil shock absorbers when Evelyn arrived.
"Hello!" he smiled to her. He picked up a flashlight and tried to sift through the sea of wires, but the shaking was making it a difficult task. "Damn. This will require some patience and firm ground. At least if it's a mechanical problem the others should compensate."

He turned towards the tiger again. "More pressure, you say?" Garran pondered a bit scratching his chin. "Well, I suppose it should help. It should be more difficult to reach a resonant frequency. And it's not that the turbine needs to be protected from bumps either. We'll have to try!"

Garran picked up the panel. "I'll be at the bridge in a minute, let me just put everything back together!"
Mark let out a breath of relief. The red light on the panel had been announcing they'd reached teh point to reduce speed, not signalling a major malfunction.

"Slow to maneuvering speed. Prepare to come around left to heading Two Two Zero on my mark!" he called out keeping a close eye that they didn't go outside teh protective boundary that prevented the outside world from easily finding the islands. He watched the speed bleed off and sent the command down to the lower deck crew to prepare to lower ladders for the freighter crew to come aboard with.
All Hail the Overlord!
Shard did as he was ordered and slowed the turbines down to the desired speed. But again it seemed the closer they go the higher the wind speed was getting. "Sir wind speed is still climbing. We're not in the red yet bet we're getting very close." he said watching he gauge. every now and then he could have sworn he could hear a creaking sound from the super structure, but he couldn't tel if it was his imagination of if it was actually going on.
Mark felt the superstructure shuddering in the wind. He was getting concerned about being able to bring the ship to a station-keeping hover over the ship.

"Dean, can you pull up a weather report and see what these winds are associated with? Do we have a storm forming?"

Then to Shard, "Shard, let me know if we go red. Be prepared to lift us up and away if we can't maintain our course and speed."

Finally, he called Archeus.

"Professor, do we have an idea how we can do this with the winds threatening to go over allowable speed for station-keeping?"
All Hail the Overlord!
Walking back on the bridge with Garran. Archeus sat down at the engineering station.

"Of course commander. Dean dial us in a safe altitude say 100 meters above the target and hit Auto Enter.

We're about to see if the stabilization programming is worth its salt." Archeus pulls up the auto-pilot screen and engages the hoover compensation.

"This will adjust Pitch and yaw as well as altitude while we extract the crew."

Archeus looks to Garran. "OK Mr White once in position you may lower the Sally platform and start the extraction"

"Shard keep an eye out in case we get anyone overboard. The ships exterior monitors may be accessed from the security screen."
Garran reached the bridge with Evelyn. He saluted the commander and gave a smile to everyone.

"The platform will be ready in a minute." he replied to Archy. He connected the large tablet on a panel and turned the platform controls up. "We'll have the lower cameras pointing down so we can all follow the operations." he said. "Do we know how many people are down there?"

A few commands later and on a side screen a view of the ocean below popped up, for everyone to see. "Here we are."
"Not a pretty sight is it" Shard stated looking at the scene down below them. The could see the vessel in trouble and the crew doing what they could to keep out of the water.

After looking at the screen he again returned his attention his station seeing that the wind speed was, so far, keeping steady. But again the creaking from the super structure was slightly worrying. He looked at Renfield who was also worried. "Hey Buddy, don't worry. This thing is as tough as the person who designed it is smart. We'll save all those people down there and make it home. You'll see." he said as he watched on the security monitor the rescue group getting ready on the platform.

"Looks like the rescue group is ready to go, Commander" he called out to M'rega.