Isla Aukate
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HMS Dressel
Mark had finished checking on the day's work at the scout ship hangar and heard his tablet ping. he oped the message and arched an eyebrow.

"Cmdr M'Rega. Prof. Ledoux's project has a lot of material coming in today. See if she needs any help and check on how the project is going.

Office of The Overlord."

The tiger smiled and headed for the docks. The excitement about the Professor's grand project had been building as all sorts of equipment kept coming in. Leaving the Lair and walking down to the harbor area, he walked up to Archeus and found her among several boxes as more crates were being offloaded. Socks and Razzle were there, and he politely waited for them to finish talking. He then stepped up to the blue tigress.

"Hello Professor, how goes construction? Did you get that stress load problem on the frame joints solved?"
All Hail the Overlord!
As it was his day off Shard Loren was taking a stroll along the pier watching the ships coming in and going out. It was one of his hobbies plus he had his Chirr Renfield on a leash, the bronze colored Chirr enjoying the exorcise. The Arctic fox was humming to himself when he saw Commander M'Rega and Professor Ledoux talking over one of the large crates he'd seen being unloaded and, after hearing way to many rumors in Base Ops about a big project, his curiosity got the better of him. He made his way over and waited until the current conversation had ended.

"Looks like a lot of stuff being brought in. I've been watching for a little while now when I come here on my Days off. So is this something to do with all those rumors I've been hearing?"

He said while looking over at one of the large crates currently being unloaded off of a cargo vessel.
(01-20-2019, 04:08 AM)Tigermark Wrote: Mark had finished checking on the day's work at the scout ship hangar and heard his tablet ping. he oped the message and arched an eyebrow.

"Cmdr M'Rega. Prof. Ledoux's project has a lot of material coming in today. See if she needs any help and check on how the project is going.

Office of The Overlord."

The tiger smiled and headed for the docks. The excitement about the Professor's grand project had been building as all sorts of equipment kept coming in.  Leaving the Lair and walking down to the harbor area, he walked up to Archeus and found her among several boxes as more crates were being offloaded. Socks and Razzle were there, and he politely waited for them to finish talking. He then stepped up to the blue tigress.

"Hello Professor, how goes construction? Did you get that stress load problem on the frame joints solved?"

While discussing how the large turbine was to be raised off the ship with a gantry crane, Archeus smiled when she saw the Cmdr approaching. "Top of the the day to you Commander. Why yes after some chemical research of carbonfiber  and composite materials from the southern Islands we found a combination that gave incredible returns." Archeus reached in her briefcase to pull out what looked like a wooden ruler. She handed it to M'Rega. "Here try to break it! Jade gave me this last week. I can't even scratch it with my claws. Incredible stuff!" She exclaimed! Weighs almost nothing too. Her eyes wide with excitement. She was almost giddy of the compound. "It's called Toepler and the the entire ships superstructure will be made out of it. Which reminds me" She reached back in her briefcase. "Here is a blueprint file and a flashdrive of the ships layout. Your office and crew quarters are laid out in there. There is also a maintenance room for on board repairs. Please look this over and let me know if we need to change or add anything. I see this ship being able to go out on long missions and I tried to make a design that all crew members would find engaging."

(01-20-2019, 05:14 AM)Shard Loren Wrote: As it was his day off Shard Loren was taking a stroll along the pier watching the ships coming in and going out. It was one of his hobbies plus he had his Chirr Renfield on a leash, the bronze colored Chirr enjoying the exorcise. The Arctic fox was humming to himself when he saw Commander M'Rega and Professor Ledoux talking over one of the large crates he'd seen being unloaded and, after hearing way to many rumors in Base Ops about a big project, his curiosity got the better of him. He made his way over and waited until the current conversation had ended.

"Looks like a lot of stuff being brought in. I've been watching for a little while now when I come here on my Days off. So is this something to do with all those rumors I've been hearing?"

He said while looking over at one of the large crates currently being unloaded off of a cargo vessel.
Archeus looked up to see Shard approaching. "Well hello, errr Shard is it?" She asked. "We have been tasked to build a research vessel for exploration of the isles. We are in the early phases of it. This should be quite an endeavor for any and all at the Citadel who wish to participate." As she smiled with enthusiasm.
As Razzle was watching the crates being unloaded, a thought came to his mind. "Just based on what I'm seeing here, this is going to be a massive project. Are we going to be able to get this done?"

He turned to Socks and asked, "Do you know how long we have to get this all put together? I know we've had some quick turnaround in the past, but this is going to take a while."

After a pause, another question came to mind.
"Do we know who's going to be aboard this? Are we going to have to go along for the ride in case something goes wrong?"
Renfield soon took interest in the strange looking stick M'regga was holding and began tugging at Marks trousers trying to get his attention. Meanwhile Shard continued the conversation.

"Well I doubt a humble Janitor like myself would be able to to offer much in the way of contribution other then sweeping the halls and checking it's plumbing every now and then. But I am willing to learn new things, if I can help in any way let me know...So what's it gonna be called? if you don't mind me asking." he said before turning his attention to his Chirr currently bugging M'rega

"No, Renfield. Leave the Commander alone he's very busy."
(01-21-2019, 06:22 AM)Shard Loren Wrote: Renfield soon took interest in the strange looking stick M'regga was holding and began tugging at Marks trousers trying to get his attention. Meanwhile Shard continued the conversation.

"Well I doubt a humble Janitor like myself would be able to to offer much in the way of contribution other then sweeping the halls and checking it's plumbing every now and then. But I am willing to learn new things, if I can help in any way let me know...So what's it gonna be called? if you don't mind me asking." he said before turning his attention to his Chirr currently bugging M'rega

"No, Renfield. Leave the Commander alone he's very busy."
Archeus smiled "My friend no job is more important than Janitorial services. Why nothing else could get done around here without your ability to keep our areas in a clean and safe working order. 
Now as to the name of this mighty research vessel, she is to be called Her Majesties Ship HMS-Dressel.
Dressel is a term which means thresher of grain. As you know we use grain for a million different reasons it is the foundation of our existence. 
It is my hope that this ship will allow us the ability to survey our territory, to explore, to research and develop our technology. It will be a Thresher of new knowledge."
"This is incredible material Professor. This will save tons on the airframe weight," The tiger stated, trying to bend the piece. He felt a very slight give, and then it returned to its original shape.

"Bit of give, too, excellent...Oh, hello little chirr. Hello Shard, taking an interest in the Dressel Project, eh? Your services are always vital no matter where or when."

When the little chirr Shard had called Renfield began pointing at the material sample Professor Archeus had given him, Mark smiled.

"No, little one. One I don't know what that digestive system of yours would do with it, and two I don't know what reaction might occur when it did. I don't want to be responsible for the first exploding chirr." he said as he handed the sample back to the tigress.
All Hail the Overlord!
Renfield gasped at the concept of exploding and quickly hid behind Shard, holding onto the Arctic Fox's fluffy tail for comfort. Clearly he didn't very much like the sound of that experience.

"Don't worry Renfield, I don't thing you'll actually explode. But the Commander does make a good point. it doesn't look like regular metal so we don't know how you would react to it. And I'm not too keen to find out either." he said then returned his attention to Archeus.

"Well when the Dressel is ready to go, I'd be honored to be part of the maiden voyage. I can only imagin the doors this could open up for the Lair and the Islands. Exciting times."
(01-24-2019, 02:12 AM)Shard Loren Wrote: Renfield gasped at the concept of exploding and quickly hid behind Shard, holding onto the Arctic Fox's fluffy tail for comfort. Clearly he didn't very much like the sound of that experience.

"Don't worry Renfield, I don't thing you'll actually explode. But the Commander does make a good point. it doesn't look like regular metal so we don't know how you would react to it. And I'm not too keen to find out either." he said then returned his attention to Archeus.

"Well when the Dressel is ready to go, I'd be honored to be part of the maiden voyage. I can only imagin the doors this could open up for the Lair and the Islands. Exciting times."
Archeus smiled. "I would be honored to have you with us. There is much to be done and I share your desire to explore our territory."
As Jade listened in on the conversation between the others, she went through the checklists and manifests to double check everything was in order, noting down a few parts that suffered damage during shipping. Wrapping up, she waved to Archeus and the others, stating "Everything looks pretty decent here! I'll get the report off to Lady Wolfbane pronto. There are a few nicks and dents here and there, but with shipping I'd be more shocked if there wasn't."

Pointing out the few things she noticed to Archeus, she continued "Nothing too major though. A few light covers here, some cabinet siding there, mostly stuff that needs to wait for the ship to come together anyway. Shouldn't delay things at all. We'll see if there's more on the mechanical equipment when we do the burn-in tests in R&D."
I am an administrator from a technical viewpoint only. I just keep the forums up to date and free from spam, and have no authority regarding the roleplay universe; please contact Foxenawolf for RP issues :3
However, if you're having technical troubles, feel free to shoot me a PM!