Isla Aukate
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you ever have questions
Please post them here. I will ask that you keep your asking to three questions per post. Just to keep me from being Bombarded. If I don't have an answer immediately I'll state that I'm putting it off and attempt to answer what I can. If you are curious about the RP or if you think you need help please ask c:
Question for Bootcamp setting: Would the recruits be able to bring in a personal tablet from home?
It would be one of the many mass produced tablets that Rex made available to everyone but yes you may
Are the tablets solid, or are they flexi like the foldable phablet coming soon from Samsung, or like the comms from Earth: Final Conflict (always loved those)? If they're solid, where do folks keep them (like a special pocket/sleeve in the uniforms or something) - and how would a feral carry theirs? I've always wondered where Bane's tablet comes from! I'm honestly curious, not trying to make fun or anything!
They are solid. Gen is working on a write up to detail the tablets. Bane doesn't carry around the tablet she usually borrows it from a hub or uses fox's when she's close. Usually there's just one nearby at hand.

Edit: As for the rest of the staff, uniforms have a pocket inside the chest panel of the uniform where the tablets are carried like a pouch. People out in the field are encouraged to use phone-sized tablets instead in case of injury and these are customarily kept in pockets. Guards will usually carry normal tablets in their chest pouch though with bulletproof plexiglass instead of actual glass to prevent injury in case of combat. (not many people use the glass inserts but some prefer them)
(01-04-2016, 05:05 AM)Foxenawolf Wrote: They are solid. Gen is working on a write up to detail the tablets. Bane doesn't carry around the tablet she usually borrows it from a hub or uses fox's when she's close. Usually there's just one nearby at hand.

Edit: As for the rest of the staff, uniforms have a pocket inside the chest panel of the uniform where the tablets are carried like a pouch. People out in the field are encouraged to use phone-sized tablets instead in case of injury and these are customarily kept in pockets. Guards will usually carry normal tablets in their chest pouch though with bulletproof plexiglass instead of actual glass to prevent injury in case of combat. (not many people use the glass inserts but some prefer them)

Okay, thank you, Fox!
I'd imagine the way the tablets are set up that while an individual might have one they call theirs, it doesn't store any settings itself and instead uses some kind of roaming profile so people can log into any tablet and have everything how they want it. It'd be super easy to set something like that up, especially if the device's OS was designed that way from the beginning.
I am an administrator from a technical viewpoint only. I just keep the forums up to date and free from spam, and have no authority regarding the roleplay universe; please contact Foxenawolf for RP issues :3
However, if you're having technical troubles, feel free to shoot me a PM!
(01-04-2016, 10:06 PM)Socks the Fox Wrote: I'd imagine the way the tablets are set up that while an individual might have one they call theirs, it doesn't store any settings itself and instead uses some kind of roaming profile so people can log into any tablet and have everything how they want it. It'd be super easy to set something like that up, especially if the device's OS was designed that way from the beginning.

Sort of like how they have the computers set up in Hospitals/Doctor's officers?
I have two primary questions before I finalize a character for this. My first biggest question is if you are able to have more than one character. I ask is because there were two I was wanting to play, and making sort of a brother sister thing between them. The second question is somewhat related to the first, do family member characters have to be the same species as each other? I don't quite know how genetics in this setting work.
(01-15-2016, 05:46 AM)DigiLord Wrote: I have two primary questions before I finalize a character for this. My first biggest question is if you are able to have more than one character. I ask is because there were two I was wanting to play, and making sort of a brother sister thing between them. The second question is somewhat related to the first, do family member characters have to be the same species as each other? I don't quite know how genetics in this setting work.

Genetics are here http://forum.overlordcomic.com/showthrea...20&page=15 Smile