Isla Aukate
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you ever have questions
upgraded, sorry about that.
(02-04-2016, 11:30 PM)Foxenawolf Wrote: upgraded, sorry about that.

No worries Fox. I know you are busy. Will be making my Bootcamp post soon.
(02-04-2016, 12:32 AM)Foxenawolf Wrote: @Tamara: Everyone must abide by that rule in bootcamp regardless of their check-in status. This rule will also apply to your department's training threads.  The point behind it was so I didn't have to wade through dozens of pages of posts to get people checked in, sometimes it's easy to miss someone especially if a pair of posters are more active than the rest. Once I close the current recruit wave, the thread will be locked anyway.

Understood.
So, I have a question I've been wondering about for a while.  What do the islands use for currency.  Is there a unified currency for all the islands, or do they print their own, or do they use someone else's?  How does it work for trade with the outside world, do they just trade in gold and raw materials, or do they use another country's currency?
I know Fox has mentioned somewhere that internally the islands have coins struck from the standard gold, silver and copper, though I don't recall the names. They do have one currency (think of the islands as more like US states, independent yet part of a whole). I think trade is mostly in raw materials we can't normally create ourselves.
I am an administrator from a technical viewpoint only. I just keep the forums up to date and free from spam, and have no authority regarding the roleplay universe; please contact Foxenawolf for RP issues :3
However, if you're having technical troubles, feel free to shoot me a PM!
Here's a question: as I understood it, Darius' subspecies staged a coup/got put into major political power somehow and is now (as we know of it) in charge of the Darnathi species as a whole, right? That's what started this whole shebang, was his interception of that message and Titan not taking too well to it (or the message). So along comes a second colonization ship, and who is in charge of it? General Tungsten, who clearly at least LOOKS like the same subspecies that Titan was. So the obvious question I'm posing is: why isn't one of Darius' people in charge? I don't deny that certainly the big guys are desirable to have on a colonization expedition (defense, softening up the locals for induction into the Empire under Darnathi bootheels/flippers and so on..) but at least politically, wouldn't they want one of the other model calling the shots?
...spoiler?
I'm guessing that's going to be a major plot point for the next "season" so to say.
I am an administrator from a technical viewpoint only. I just keep the forums up to date and free from spam, and have no authority regarding the roleplay universe; please contact Foxenawolf for RP issues :3
However, if you're having technical troubles, feel free to shoot me a PM!
Tungsten is a highblood, beyond that, spoilers. Also Our Currency is "precious metals" For major trade we trade gold and Silver coins in exchange for materials. inter-island currency is all handled via your ID card. (Only the luddites don't use one and continue to trade in Gold copper and Silver, anyone leaving these islands has their ID card activated and linked to their bank account) All paychecks are direct-deposit. Even if your island is not part of the union, you still have an ID card that does this as it's a holdover from Rex's rule and still in practice because it's practical. So 99% of the transactions on the islands is digital debit.
Oh, yes! This is something I'd love to see in the real world too. I hate physical money.