Isla Aukate
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you ever have questions
What would be the average height of the general population on Aukate?

I'm talking for the anthropomorphs, since the Chementicores and the few dinosaurs or full blooded mystical animals (chimera, dragons, etc) are obviously on a different category.

What would be the absolute limits you'd impose on a character in terms of height and weight? Upper and lower limits, again for anthropomorphs?

I'll admit that, as a European, used to the metric system, inches and foot do not talk to me at all. For some reason, I could never remember the conversion factor between both, despite having been told it and having read it several times...
That's what google is for Tamara. There's plenty of in-browser converters. Goodness knows I used one religiously for four years to determine the difference in Celsius and Fahrenheit and even now can gauge the difference. Imperial is what I know and imperial is what I use.

Only Sith deal in absolutes as well :p.

I prefer to engage height based on your species, your biology and your heritage. I'm not letting a mouse be seven feet tall, similarly I would sort of >_> at a giraffe or an elephant that was under five feet tall. Unless in the case of the latter it was one of those "dwarf" species of elephant in which I would give kudos for even knowing of the species. If you're asking me to map out every known species and what height ratios I'd allow here and now, I'd be here for the next year. It's far more efficient in this case to simply take it on case-by-case but obviously be realistic about it. I usually start flinching at "smallish" species that are over 6ft tall. etc.
I do use an online converter, still doesn't stick! lol

Your answer brings another question: is the Lair sort of like Zootopia? I mean, if we have species of vastly different sizes, weight and shape, standardization goes out the window in many cases. You don't have the same kind of seats for 1 foot tall guinea pigs than for 10 feet tall giraffes, and so on.

So, is there a sort of separation of the Lair in sectors according to species size or shape, like the various neighborhoods in Zootopia?
I hope I'm not being too presumptuous in saying this but I don't think there's quite that much variation in sizes.
No it is not like zootopia. In the comic have I ever drawn mice and squirrels that were one foot tall? In the most recent comics I have a squirrel next to A HORSE. The size difference between them is subtle but realistic for anthropomorphic society. There comes a point where a creature's brain gets too small for it to process complex reasonable thought. That's part of the reason why Sirenidaes have chips their heads to enhance what otherwise wouldn't be possible without an AI neural net.
Ok, so sizes and shape should be kept within realistic human numbers, then? Small species will be on the small side, like 4 or 5 foot, big species will reach 6 or 7 foot, maybe 8 for the really big ones, but nothing too extreme. Did I got it right?
(09-17-2016, 07:30 PM)Tamara Wrote: Ok, so sizes and shape should be kept within realistic human numbers, then? Small species will be on the small side, like 4 or 5 foot, big species will reach 6 or 7 foot, maybe 8 for the really big ones, but nothing too extreme. Did I got it right?

Characters that are naturally tiny like small birds, mice, insects, and such will be small in the world, but that small will be 3-5 feet, correct. There are no mouse sized creatures on Aukate because a two inch skull can't hold a brain capable of complex sentient thought.

Characters that are 6-8 feet tall are species that are naturally huge. Elephants, Kodiak bears, giraffes, particularly large dragons. I'm sure that swimming around the depths of Aukate is a hundred foot long sentient blue whale or two. The larger of the dinosaurs on June are pretty big as well, but they're dinosaurs. Charlotte is obviously really large for a spider, but she's one of the creator's 'special' races and her kind aren't seen much on camera anyway, which is why she stays hidden in the lair and makes uniforms everyone complains about instead of taking strolls through boot camp.

So put simply...

Small animal = 3-5 feet tall

Large animal = 5-7 feet tall

Huge animal = 6-8 feet tall

OMG Gozilla size = They exist, but you're not playing one

OMG pocket size = Nonsentient or cybernetic augmented like the sirenidae and you're not playing one

No six foot mice. No eight foot chihuahua. No six inch snow leopard. No eighty foot hamsters.
I was thinking, what if someone felt like they wanted to change what... er, I forget the term but I guess "unit" they are in at bootcamp? Like if someone decided to change from military to base ops? Would that be possible?

Naturally this would be difficult to do I imagine, both in the realm of the story and outside of it. Since like anyone who transfers, they would be behind in the class(?). At a certain point it would become impossible simply because the person would be way too behind if they transferred at too late a date. Sooo yeah, is it possible?
"What would you do for a better world?"
If you really want to Change i'd suggest waiting untill the next bootcamp wave and removing your current character from the current Threads (informing us of course) your stint in bootcamp is only canon to your story if you succeed, not if you fail. So new attempts are basically "clean slate"
(09-18-2016, 06:22 AM)Foxenawolf Wrote: If you really want to Change i'd suggest waiting untill the next bootcamp wave and removing your current character from the current Threads (informing us of course) your stint in bootcamp is only canon to your story if you succeed, not if you fail. So new attempts are basically "clean slate"

I don't think i'm going to change, I was just curious.

Thank you much for the info ^^
"What would you do for a better world?"