Isla Aukate
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wriggle room / Level of liberty
I'm starting this thread here since this is for discussion about the RP on a meta-level.

I would like to ask Fox what level of liberty we would have in the RP?

Besides intercharacter relationships, which are obviously dependent on the whims on the players involved, would our characters be able to have any influence on the events going on, and at what level? And could we create our own events?

Obviously, major events would have to be cleared with you; like an invasion of the island or the local population at risk of being discovered or a major natural catastrophe like a tsunami; stuff that would significantly change the setting. But what about a smaller, local scale?

I've been roleplaying online and IRL for more than a decade, and seen many different variations. Some game masters will force you to follow the script, so to speak, like in a video game where you have to follow the story and cannot deviate from it, others just tell you 'here's my world, do what you want' with the main rule being 'no godmodding'. And many variations in between those two extremes.

I currently play on a Star Trek RP group who leaves a lot of liberty to players to come up with their own stories, as long as the effects do not significantly alter the setting. An invasion of the planet would need to be okayed by the Command Crew, discovering ancients ruins and artifacts during a scientific expedition would not. (As long as said artifacts do not contain the dormant minds of an ancient civilization, bent on claiming physical bodies to then go conquering the galaxy, like happens often in Trek! Tongue )

So, I would like to know where Fox stands on this spectrum, between almost complete lack of autonomy and almost complete autonomy, and if you could give some examples of what would be allowed and what would not be allowed. Thank you.

Messages In This Thread
Wriggle room / Level of liberty - by Tamara - 11-19-2015, 04:42 AM
RE: Wriggle room / Level of liberty - by Artemis - 11-19-2015, 07:11 AM
RE: Wriggle room / Level of liberty - by Tamara - 11-19-2015, 04:56 PM
RE: Wriggle room / Level of liberty - by Artemis - 11-19-2015, 06:00 PM
RE: Wriggle room / Level of liberty - by Tamara - 11-19-2015, 07:03 PM
RE: Wriggle room / Level of liberty - by Artemis - 11-19-2015, 10:28 PM
RE: Wriggle room / Level of liberty - by Tamara - 11-19-2015, 08:25 PM
RE: Wriggle room / Level of liberty - by Tamara - 11-19-2015, 10:55 PM