Isla Aukate
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion: Reset passwords!
Due to the compromise of FA and the recent reveal of the fact that the hackers have acquired emails and password hashes, we strongly suggest you change your password not only here but anywhere else that you use the or a similar username and password.

Why? Simple. If they know your password for FA, and you use it elsewhere, they can log in to those sites as well. Many times they can find out what other sites you're signed up for just by searching your username or email.

Be very careful about emails in the future as well. There's a chance they might try to send you something that looks legit but isn't. These may include "[Click here] to take action or your account may be locked" emails from "PayPal" or similar things. These links are designed to take you to fake sites set up just to harvest passwords and possibly install malware as well.
I am an administrator from a technical viewpoint only. I just keep the forums up to date and free from spam, and have no authority regarding the roleplay universe; please contact Foxenawolf for RP issues :3
However, if you're having technical troubles, feel free to shoot me a PM!
Damn, I don't remember my password anymore XD I always remain logged in. Is there a way to recover it other than logging out and click "forgot password"?
(05-21-2016, 02:01 PM)TheSphinx Wrote: Damn, I don't remember my password anymore XD I always remain logged in. Is there a way to recover it other than logging out and click "forgot password"?

If you are using Firefox go to settings in the extra bar go to security then saved data then show passwords and search for the overlord forum there should your password appear
Rule of thumb: NEVER use the same password on two websites.
(05-21-2016, 03:24 PM)tobi3B Wrote:
(05-21-2016, 02:01 PM)TheSphinx Wrote: Damn, I don't remember my password anymore XD I always remain logged in. Is there a way to recover it other than logging out and click "forgot password"?

If you are using Firefox go to settings in the extra bar go to security then saved data then show passwords and search for the overlord forum there should your password appear

Unfortunately I use chrome XD
There is no way to view your password here, via the site. The only option is to reset it, through the 'forgot password' option. The site irreversibly hashes passwords, so there's no possibility for it, me, or anyone to see the actual password without spending years trying every possibility.
I am an administrator from a technical viewpoint only. I just keep the forums up to date and free from spam, and have no authority regarding the roleplay universe; please contact Foxenawolf for RP issues :3
However, if you're having technical troubles, feel free to shoot me a PM!
(05-23-2016, 08:44 AM)TheSphinx Wrote:

Check below for instructions on how to look at your saved passwords in Chrome.
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95606?hl=en
(05-24-2016, 12:40 AM)Gavyn Wrote:
(05-23-2016, 08:44 AM)TheSphinx Wrote:

Check below for instructions on how to look at your saved passwords in Chrome.
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95606?hl=en

Thanks! This will definitely be useful sometimes, even if not for the forum! 

With shame I discovered I used the same password I once used for FA... I must have been on a strange state of mind at the time  Huh
Best to change it quickly then. I too am guilty of having what I call password throwaways for certain things. (like websites where they make you sign up to get X or Y.) for websites I use every day and need more security I always use unique ones. FA NEVER received one of my better passwords simply because I knew it was a security risk even before this started. I did make sure to keep the email attached to it up to date though. Still, considering how many places demand passwords there's only so many you can remember before you have to start resorting to scratchpads or random generator programs. Which the latter is going to be my next step.
Changed it indeed XD I even changed my mail password to be sure, after FA's warning.
The idea of random generated password is interesting!