Isla Aukate
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you ever have questions
There might be a need to look again at posting authorizations: I thought we needed to be registered to post here, but posts above by the TheSphinx says he is 'Unregistered' and do not display his usual avatar, nor can his name be clicked to access his profile page. He also do not appear on the list of members...
There was an accident and his profile got removed (which fortunately doesn't remove posts by default with this software). When he makes his account back tomorrow I'll assign the posts back to him.
I am an administrator from a technical viewpoint only. I just keep the forums up to date and free from spam, and have no authority regarding the roleplay universe; please contact Foxenawolf for RP issues :3
However, if you're having technical troubles, feel free to shoot me a PM!
Aaaaaand, I'm here again to haunt you, guys! Huge thanks to Socks for the help <3 <3
My apologies Sphinx, I fear that in my zeal to clear out some of the bots I might've accidentally selected your name in the process. I shall endevour to be a little more careful in the future. (still not sure how that happened though)
(01-18-2016, 06:18 PM)Foxenawolf Wrote: My apologies Sphinx, I fear that in my zeal to clear out some of the bots I might've accidentally selected your name in the process. I shall endevour to be a little more careful in the future. (still not sure how that happened though)

Thanks for the apologies Smile But you don't need to worry, the important is that things have been solved!
I have all the questions. How do conversations work in the forum? I only ask this because in the even of lets say getting someone I don't want to assume their response without consent.
Then you don't! ^^

Basically, in the RP setting, if you want to ask a question to another character, then you write your character asking the question, and stop here and wait for the other character to reply to your question.
(01-18-2016, 08:13 PM)Jak W. Snow Wrote: I have all the questions. How do conversations work in the forum? I only ask this because in the even of lets say getting someone I don't want to assume their response without consent.

Indeed what Tamara said. Don't worry much of being stuck, though, people usually respond; and a forum rule requires at least a few posts per week in threads one is participating anyway. And in the case one of the players plans to stay away from the forum for more than a week, it's usually good practice to tell the others so they won't accidentally get glued on that character forever.

You'll get used to it in no time Smile
The Rules are here: http://forum.overlordcomic.com/showthread.php?tid=1

So, don't worry, people will reply quickly. ^^
This is entirely up to Fox, but I'd make the following suggestion:

For small responses that don't require much interaction (such as asking a quick question that would result in a one-liner from the other person) you could probably just ask the other person in a PM or the OOC forum what their response would be and just work it in to the post so if the person has enough time to reply but not enough to flesh out a full post we don't get stuck.

Also I'm sure Fox doesn't want a bunch of posts that boil down to "Sure," "No," and "I don't know."

This would probably also work for shorter pose things like getting someone to hold something for you where there just isn't enough substance in a response to warrant more than "I take the such-and-such for so-and-so and hold it like they asked"
I am an administrator from a technical viewpoint only. I just keep the forums up to date and free from spam, and have no authority regarding the roleplay universe; please contact Foxenawolf for RP issues :3
However, if you're having technical troubles, feel free to shoot me a PM!