Isla Aukate
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you ever have questions
Ok, I'm a little lost...am I supposed to be continuing on the check in post heading off to the R&D Tent(in my case)?
Very quick thing for the Lair. It seems that we all posted except for Lexaniri and the triplets: am I right? If that's the case, does anyone have their FA to ask them if we have to wait for them (or to tell them the citadel is open)?
@William yes.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE when responding do NOT give me one-liners for boot-campers this will prolong your stay untill you can give me longer posts consistantly, for citadel graduates, it will harm your changes of gaining additional freedoms within the Rp. So make it awesome on yourself and me and give me at least a paragraph to read. Think of everything your character is doing to respond, little physical actions beyond a simple spoken response can really help give people more material to work with.

Example of what not to do:

Post 1: Fox turned to Bane. "And just what is that supposed to mean?"

Post 2: Bane shrugged. "Just a minor observation."

How to fix it:

Post 1: Fox tensed, her ears flattening as she turned to her dire, brows raising in light irritation at the beast she often saw as a sister. Her claws drummed against her desk and her mouth parted slowly, favoring one side to show the canines of her teeth in a small but unmistakable snarl. "And just what is that supposed to mean?" she grumbled, clearly grumpy at the Dire's implication. Her claws continued to drum against the desk but now at a slightly increased rate.

Post 2: Bane smiled and lifted her shoulders in a passive shrug. She turned her head to the side, looking at her Host with one eye. She seemed to enjoy getting a rise out of her "sister". There was a thinly concealed laugh when she spoke in her rough-hewn gravel voice. "Just a minor observation." Was all she replied. Her eyes watched as Fox drummed her claws on the table and her smile grew a little more. At least Fox wasn't scraping them over something like a chalkboard though she suspected if she pushed her any further that might be a course of action her Host would take to punish her for the comment.

See how much more robust you can make just a simple interaction? And by adding in extra details you give more for people to respond to. Keep in mind body language if you can't be beefy in your "verbal" responses.
Sorry in advance for the bother, but I wanted to ask. Am I missing anything for my character to be approved or are things just delayed because of sickness?
Keep moving forward! No matter what! That's my creed. 
I know fox hasn't been on the forums much lately, so that's the main reason. Enabling posting in Bootcamp is also a manual process that doesn't really show much to say it's been done, so it's easy to miss someone.
I am an administrator from a technical viewpoint only. I just keep the forums up to date and free from spam, and have no authority regarding the roleplay universe; please contact Foxenawolf for RP issues :3
However, if you're having technical troubles, feel free to shoot me a PM!
Fox seems to be running a lot of things at once: the comic, the forums, plushies, to cite things that are directly related to the Overlord's universe, plus commissions on furry websites and her personal life outside of furry and the Overlord stuff. But there is only so many hours in a day, and maybe not enough for her to run everything directly.

I would suggest that she delegates some task to other people, to lighten her load. Forum-wise, perhaps the other people who helped her shape the Overlord's universe could step in as admin/moderators of the forum, and help run threads, in bootcamp and in the citadel. Perhaps she could also have some other people give a hand? First name that come to my mind is TigerMark, whose character has been featured regularly in the comic, and who seem to have a good grasp of the universe as well as good skills as moderators, as I've seen in the previous forums.

One person cannot run an RP on their own, even if they do nothing else all day, and Fox's day seems to be already quite full with all of her activities. I know that from personal experience, both as a player and administrator.

Just my two cents though.
As I understood it, we were not supposed to post more than one post on the Bootcamp thread between administrator (Fox's) posts, is that right? Likewise, should we wait for everyone who has made a post in an 'area' (for example, the Base Ops tent) to reply before addressing the posts? That seems only polite and respectful of RP, though if someone doesn't reply for a long time it kinda bogs down the pace a little bit and I don't want to make multiple little posts, regardless of quality and length of writing, because that seems rather attention-grabbing. Am I following a good protocol or is there more I should be doing?
You're doing a good Job there Ara, As I have said before I only ask for people to be patient with me. Anyone who's heard me on the streams can attest I am not well, and my cough at times is producing blood. I have it mostly under control but I am exhausted. I have delegated all I can delegate but I don't think I can be accused of losing my mother and getting sick intentionally. The reason I've become a chirr factory is because it doesn't take a lot of brain power or much energy to hand-sew from my bed. IT does require some brain power to review characters and come up with posts.

So when I ask people to be patient with me, being told essentially "Yeah sorry about life kicking you in the everything but you should do more to make the RP work right now." Pardon me, I didn't ask for this. I would have loved to not have to deal with any of this right now. I started the RP mostly on schedule because I felt it unfair for you guys to wait any longer for it to open, despite my issues. Be thankful it's moving at all right now given my physical and mental state. And for the most part most of you have respected that so thank you.
(01-26-2016, 08:17 PM)Foxenawolf Wrote: You're doing a good Job there Ara, As I have said before I only ask for people to be patient with me. Anyone who's heard me on the streams can attest I am not well, and my cough at times is producing blood. I have it mostly under control but I am exhausted. I have delegated all I can delegate but I don't think I can be accused of losing my mother and getting sick intentionally. The reason I've become a chirr factory is because it doesn't take a lot of brain power or much energy to hand-sew from my bed. IT does require some brain power to review characters and come up with posts.

So when I ask people to be patient with me, being told essentially "Yeah sorry about life kicking you in the everything but you should do more to make the RP work right now." Pardon me, I didn't ask for this. I would have loved to not have to deal with any of this right now. I started the RP mostly on schedule because I felt it unfair for you guys to wait any longer for it to open, despite my issues. Be thankful it's moving at all right now given my physical and mental state. And for the most part most of you have respected that so thank you.

Don't worry Fox. Take your time and when you are good and ready, do the voodoo that you do!
What's the favorite allergy medicine for anime fans?  Escaflonase.