Isla Aukate
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you ever have questions
Obviously I didn't chose my words carefully. I never wanted to accuse you of anything, and perhaps 'debacle' was too strong of a word. Please accept my apologies for this, as it wasn't my intention of making accusations or anything of the sort.

Question: Do the people of Base Ops Boot Camp react to what Cobalt just said, or do we wait for the next round/challenge?

Question: How did Cobalt knew that Ara ate the berry while out in the field?
(05-16-2016, 10:47 PM)Tamara Wrote: Question: How did Cobalt knew that Ara ate the berry while out in the field?

I would like to venture a guess at this, just for fun. My memory sucks, but I thought Cobalt had some minor empath abilities....those could be a possible explanation.
I'd place my money on monitoring through the tablets. Killing people in boot camp is not good for morale, so if someone sampled something truly dangerous he'd want to know who, what, and where ASAP to have medical ready.
I am an administrator from a technical viewpoint only. I just keep the forums up to date and free from spam, and have no authority regarding the roleplay universe; please contact Foxenawolf for RP issues :3
However, if you're having technical troubles, feel free to shoot me a PM!
Regarding reaction.  A mod has posted and specifically addressed the characters.  Yes, they're expected to reply now.

Regarding how Cobalt knew Ara ate the berry.  This is bootcamp, of course the recruits would be monitored if they went off on their own.  They might cheat.  They might wander into dangerous territory.  They might try to sabotage someone they don't like.  A wild boar might decide they're tasty.  Maybe he monitored them through the tablets.  Maybe he had cameras.  Maybe he had Sirenidae in the trees reporting back.  Maybe he used his empathy.  Maybe the guard at the gate passed along word that Ara smelled like she had eaten a berry.

He didn't say or give any indication specifically how.  Thus, nobody would have any way or reason of knowing.
Your character would not be able to adequately discern how Cobalt monitored their movements, and as such, that is information Cobalt will divulge himself if he wishes. Which he probably won’t. I will state that whatever method he used has been previously established in the comic as a method of monitoring and will most likely be used in the future as well. If people know how they’re being monitored, some may attempt to avoid the notice of such, which is counter-productive to the reason they are being monitored to begin with. A good chunk of that reason is safety.

Gen has already answered the questions adequately so I will simply go a bit further and remind EVERYONE your poses should not make assumptions upon something that hasn’t been directly expressed by another player or NPC, be it a character’s appearance or the presence or lack thereof of cameras or spies. There COULD have been cameras. You COULD have been followed. Sideways attempting to eliminate these possibilities to suit your own reality is not permitted, please watch that.

Basically unless a character you are interacting with has stated that they have mud on their face, don’t post saying they have mud on their face.
Just a quick reminder so people don't take my word as law or permission or any of that: I am a technical administrator only. My posts don't count as moderator replies for continuing RP posting, and nothing I say about the universe is canon unless Fox says so (though mostly what I say along those lines is bringing up things that have happened in the comic anyway).

So yeah, just because I say "I think Darius is plotting to take over the Citadel" doesn't mean he's actually doing so :3 Just treat my posts like any other minion!
I am an administrator from a technical viewpoint only. I just keep the forums up to date and free from spam, and have no authority regarding the roleplay universe; please contact Foxenawolf for RP issues :3
However, if you're having technical troubles, feel free to shoot me a PM!
Please excuse me for a day or three, I'm not going to be very good at posting. I just had to put my best friend to sleep early this morning and I'm not handling it well. Thank you all for beign understanding in advance.
I understand, I will wait until you feel better unless you'd rather the thread continue without you. But I'll leave that up to you. My father is coming in this weekend which is going to take up most if not all of my time until he departs so I'll be spotty with my replies as well until after the weekend. I'll give you until monday to decide what you like to do and take care.
My condolences Ara. *Hugs*
I'm so sorry to hear this... Condolences , Ara. Take all the time you need.