Isla Aukate
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amos Ray English
I'll check this out when I have more of a brain, but it's okay to do re-works during the approval process. I noticed and appreciated the comments as you read through the comic. It shows you did want to learn the material which is honestly more than I can say for a few of my first waves of minions a few forums ago when even I had no idea what i was doing.

To help you out a bit (i've been following your posts on the forum.) There are three major departments, within each are several smaller departments.

The three major departments are:
Research and development.
Base Operations
Military/security

within these some of the main subgroups are:
R&D: Medical, Research, Testing, fabrication, invention.
Base ops: Includes but is not limited to: Engineering, janitorial, grooming, recreational therapy, acquisitions, inventory, archival, maintenance, and communications.
Military/Security: Scouting, Army, police force, Investigations.

hope this helps!
Yes it does thank you very much ^^.
"What would you do for a better world?"
(02-12-2016, 06:46 PM)Tigermark Wrote: BTW, I don't know if you'd be interested for your character, but we do have at least one other minion who has a well-functioning artificial limb. Something to think about, as the tech is available.

(02-12-2016, 10:03 PM)HawkHunter35 Wrote: Tigermark has a good idea on the whole artifical limb. One member to talk to would be TheSphinx(?). His OC Garran has an artificial arm, and believe he said he rebuilt the first one himself at home, then was able to get help from doctors on Aukate. But I don't remember for sure. Youw should shoot him a PM and talk!

(02-13-2016, 09:21 AM)Foxenawolf Wrote: Shock batons have been issued to those who prefer a one-handed weapon. It is about two and a half feet long, depending on how tall you are (but that's average.) with a handle grip and an electrified end. These are usually dual wielded, but if you wish to stay only one-armed this would be ideal. You can have a prosthetic made, it may not be terribly reactive and in the heat of combat it may be unwise to rely on it. Garran's limb if I recall correctly, still malfunctions and it doesn't work flawlessly at all. But it's also a work in progress which is mostly what I like seeing, a character that is a work in progress with plenty of room to grow and evolve in their interactions with others. Most healthcare is pretty affordable and a basic prosthetic wouldn't be out of the scope of affordability.

You people will make me blush XD

I like this new version, we lack someone old!
Thank you ^^

Tell me, do you feel he can work as a good character in progress? Or does he need a fair bit more work done before he can really be what we need him to be.
Oh, I don't know: that depends entirely on how you intend to play him. After all, your character will live, life is unpredictable, and you have to show to the world how he lives the events. As such, it rests more on you as a player to make your character alive and multifaceted, than on what you have written in your profile. You will be forced to adapt and develop anyway, unless you just want to play alone. And for example, deciding to serve the Overlord is already a big step in a character's life.
Ask yourself what you want him to be. Just try to avoid the (quoting Gen and Foxena) "Tragically born a PC" label, it leads dangerously towards the path of the mary-sue, and the Dark Side of RP.

The only thing I'm feeling to point out is that he has a wife and three children, but he decided to come to Aukate: why, what about the family, what he and them think about all this, ecc... That's a big part of him, and it's something that should be more developed.
That is true, I will have to address that in his backstory then.
I apologise i'm still lacking in brain power to go through approving profiles. I am happy to see just healthy brainstorming discussion going on about your character though. It makes me rather happy. Some threads in other parts of the forum explain it better, but i've just had a lot of life-crap hit me at the beginning of the year and im STILL recovering from a bad illness that laid me out flatter than anything I've contracted in years. I do apologise it's been taking me so long but I want you guys to have me at full brain capacity before I go approving/disaproving profiles. IT wouldn't be fair to you.
(02-17-2016, 10:56 PM)Foxenawolf Wrote: I apologise i'm still lacking in brain power to go through approving profiles. I am happy to see just healthy brainstorming discussion going on about your character though. It makes me rather happy. Some threads in other parts of the forum explain it better, but i've just had a lot of life-crap hit me at the beginning of the year and im STILL recovering from a bad illness that laid me out flatter than anything I've contracted in years. I do apologise it's been taking me so long but I want you guys to have me at full brain capacity before I go approving/disaproving profiles. IT wouldn't be fair to you.

I understand completely, please take your time and recover. It's no good to stress yourself out further when you already have so much going on in your life, so there is no need to apologize, please be well. 

Besides, it's extra time to brainstorm ^^
I do admit sword sparing with Silver would be fun.
Silver doesn't have a sword, it's Darius. And I don't think that the Overlord would agree with you, given her strict non-lethal policy, and how she regards that kind of weapons... :p