Isla Aukate
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Boot camp Training Day 1 Base Ops department
"Understood sir," Charon said, still feeling the sting of the rebuke of his findings in the jungle.

He looked over to the other recruits with Ara seemingly undecided to go to the medical tent. "I think it would be wise, just as a precautionary measure to be sure," the cheetah said to Ara. "It might as well been very healthy and good to eat but with our knowledge of all those fruits, veggies and roots out there," making a motion with his right thumb over his shoulder towards the jungle. "I wouldn't want to make any assumptions."

He looked over to the other two recruits, Tamara and Freya. "I think Tamara," Charon started out. "for this exercise was to become used to the island's natural bounty. I'm used to my own island's setting and I think it hindered myself. I've taken for granted so many things which was served to me it was edible and I ate it; only once or twice which I can remember, did I question what a certain fish or vegetable was served to me. Here, I have no idea what the name of the plant or whether it was edible or not. Sure the tablets were used for us to have a better understanding of what is out there in the jungle, but what if we lost our electronic crutch, would we really be able to tell the difference between plants which are similar in looks and tastes? I'm as guilty as you are in this. Yes, we identified what we brought back, but did we really know the plant or root?"

Charon felt as if he was overstepping his bounds by bringing this up especially after Captain Cobalt said his peace but he thought a little reinforcement was needed; he just hoped he didn't come across as too harsh. "Now then, for a leader, I'm fine for anyone who wants to step up; I will support, to the best of my ability, whoever wants to be a leader, but if a more democratic process is to be had, I think we can have our discussion a bit more cooler in the shade, perhaps in our bunk tent?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boot camp Training Day 1 Base Ops department - by charonbond - 05-23-2016, 07:44 PM