Isla Aukate
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Boot camp Training Day 1 Base Ops department
The little vixen listend to her tentmates, each in turn and slowly started to twitch her tail as they offered their views and camaraderie. It started making her feel like she was really a part of something, a new sensation for her, always being alone in her own world, misunderstood and misunderstanding. She gratefully sat up and accepted Freya's hug, mrrrhing softly, then blinked, because the feline had returned and started speaking. She listened quietly, tensing a little in Freya's arms and sighed a little.

"Captain Artemis, with all due respect given to a superior officer, I was told by my commanding officer, Captain Cobalt, to read up on military protocols and enlistments, terms of service and so forth. Not to be contradictory, but from what I understand, only people who are training directly to be officers are expected to know military procedures and such beforehand. Enlisted folks - which is what we are, apparently - are rigidly taught what is right and wrong behavior and action because it is assumed, regardless of life experience, that they don't know anything about being in a military service. Like, say, me. I was offered an opportunity to come and make use of my talents and skills, which I have spent my life, short as it may be, perfecting and training in to the exclusion of other things. That is hardly a 'comfort zone', ma'am." She gently freed herself from Freya and sat on the edge of her cot.

"This said, I was beginning to understand things from the point of view of my comrades as they spoke to me. I now get that my modes of personal behavior are not the norm for a boot camp recruit and am trying to come to terms with how that may work for me. Thank you very much for remaining behind to eav...give us the benefit of your insight and your explanation of your hus...Doctor Silver's actions, and the difficulties awaiting us at the Lair if we progress beyond this point. Please have a good evening and enjoy your kill." The vixen delivered her words in a flat tone, completely devoid of any emotion at all.

The vixen stood up, all of her previous behavior wiped away like an eraser across a chalkboard. She wiped at the corner of one eye, stalking past Charon to the closest seat at the table, waiting for her teammates before seating herself.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boot camp Training Day 1 Base Ops department - by Aralyn Thorn - 06-18-2016, 07:20 PM