Isla Aukate
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Freeze Ray Cafe
The Freeze Ray Cafe. A bustling center of activity, it was the primary place for civilians from the nearby town and off duty minions from the Citadel to mingle and relax. A short otter steps in, dressed in the civilian issue of the Citadel's uniform as required by anyone who works for a Citadel run establishment. It was Kaitlyn's first day on the job, she was told she'd be shadowing the bartender for the next few days before she was to take over the afternoon and evening bar shift. She was excited to finally have a job befitting of someone who enjoyed a good party, but also nervous because she was told one of her primary customers would be the owner of the Cafe.

Kaitlyn made her way to the back, where she was shown where everything was. This first day she'd just be taking people's orders, but she might have a chance to make some drinks if there was a need. The current bartender showed her where to find all the prices for common drinks and how to figure prices for custom drinks, using a few of the lunch crowd patrons to show her how things worked. She already had a rough idea, thanks to already being a regular patron herself for a number of the evening music shows, but there was a lot more behind the scenes that she didn't realize. She was confident, however, that she could handle it.

Finally it was time for her to start dealing with customers. The afternoon crowd was starting to arrive, and judging by how they were behaving already today was an interesting day.
I am an administrator from a technical viewpoint only. I just keep the forums up to date and free from spam, and have no authority regarding the roleplay universe; please contact Foxenawolf for RP issues :3
However, if you're having technical troubles, feel free to shoot me a PM!
The day had been busy. Time to slow down a bit, halt the brain and prepare for the next morning. The Freeze Ray sounded like the perfect place.

There already was a bit of crowd. Minions from all the Lair, chatting, laughing, murmuring; the result was a suffused buzz, like inside a honeycomb. Garran wandered for a moment, towering on the sitting people with his height, but for the moment he chose just to sit at the counter. There was a new face at the bar: an otter with short, coloured hair. The sphinx sat in front of her, smiling, and offered a hand. "Hello. I think we haven't met yet. My name's Garran." he spoke.
Kaitlyn quickly shook the sphinx's hand, replying to his introduction "Hey there! Kaitlyn; just got a job here, I'm gonna be working the bar next week, right now I'm just shadowing. Can I get ya something?" She was thankful there wasn't yet enough of a crowd to make it difficult to hear, but it was quickly growing as more minions arrived after they were relieved of their shifts.
I am an administrator from a technical viewpoint only. I just keep the forums up to date and free from spam, and have no authority regarding the roleplay universe; please contact Foxenawolf for RP issues :3
Soon the doors to the Freeze Ray opened and in walked an Arctic Fox. He entered as casually as one would there own house or apartment.

"Bartender, I'll have my usual if you don't mind. Had a hard day, the east wing was totally clogged up from..." Suddenly he noticed the new face behind the bar. The Otter was speaking with the Sphinx, Garran. Stopping himself mid sentence Shard Shard waited for the Otter to finish her conversation with Garran before he approached the bar and took his usual stool. "Sorry about that. Names Shard. And you are?" he said while offering his hand, smiling politely.
Yawning and rolling a shoulder, Sylvian pushes open the door to the Freeze Ray and looks around. Seeing that the bar has the start of the late afternoon to early evening crowd forming the doctor smiles wearily as he removes his glasses and tirely rubs one eye with the back of a hand.

Replacing his bifocals upon his muzzle, he stands up a little straighter and fully enters the cafe'. Many a minion would doubtlessly look over at the weary doctor as strides towards the bar, primarially at the fact that his uniform jacket is unbuttoned and he is not carrying his signature clipboard nor does he have a stethiscope around his neck. The absense of those two objects, perhaps even more than the fact his jacket isn't buttoned up clearly signaling to anyone who has had any dealings with the work aholic and typically by-the-books physician.

Crossing straight to the bar, Sylvian sits down beside Garren, his smile growing warm as he regards his fellow Research and Development minion.

"Afternoon, Garren," Sylvian greets the Sphinx beside him. He then turns his attention to the otter behind the bar, his smile growing warmer and more friendly. "And good afternoon, miss. I don't think I've seen you here before, are you a new hire?" His tone is polite and friendly, though the undertone of fatigue cleanly shining through.
"Ah, now the crowd is starting to grow" Kaitlyn exclaimed as a few more people showed up. "I'm Kaitlyn, I'll be working the bar here."

She shook Shard's hand, and asked "So, newbie here; what's your usual?"

Kaitlyn figured if everyone was as nice as these people so far, she'd have no problems getting into her groove.
"Well I hope you have a great time working here. I certainly enjoy my time here." Shard said after shaking her hand.

After a moment making himself comfortable in his bar stool he turned to the new bar tending Otter.

"I'll have A Jameson on the rocks of you don't mind." He said with a warm smile.

He then turned to Doctor Greymist still smiling "So what are you gonna be drinking tonight Doc?"
Freya stepped into The Freeze Ray, and stopped just inside the doorway, taking a long look around the establishment.  She hadn't been at the Citadel long, and between orientations, getting settled in, and of course work, she hadn't been out much yet.  This was her first time to this particular establishment, and a big grin spread across her face as she came to the realization that she was pretty sure she was going to like it.  

As her gaze traveled across the bar, it landed on Shard.  She was pretty sure she recognized him, and figured that the stool next to him was as good a place as any to sit.  She made her way carefully across from the doorway to the bar, making sure not to unduly jostle anyone as she went.  She took the stool next to Shard at the bar, keeping her wings drawn tightly against her back, and wrapping her tail around the stool to keep it from being accidentally stepped on, or tripped over.  

She started to give a friendly greeting to Shard, but realized her was already in a conversation.  Not wanting to interrupt, she instead turned her attention to the bartender.  She smiled a toothy grin and waved.  "Hello.  How are you?  I'd like to get a long island iced tea."  She said, once she had the otter's attention.
After Shard asked his question to the Doctor, he turned to the dragoness now sitting on the stool beside him. He waited untill she had given her drink order to the otter behind the bar before he greeted her.

Once again with a warm smile "Hi there, you're one of the new minions right? Names' Shard, nice to meet you." He said while holding out his hand. "So how did you like your first day on the Job?"
Freya turned her attention to Shard, still grinning, while she waited for the bartender. "It's great to meet you, I'm Freya, and yes I'm one of the new minions." She replied as she reached out and enthusiastically shook the hand he held out. She turned to more fully face Shard, and leaned with one forearm on the bar.

"I'm not going to lie." She replied to Shard's question. "The first day was quite daunting, and I was very nervous, but also excited." She said in excited tones, still grinning. "After orientations, and settling in, I started working and got into at least enough of a routine to get comfortable." She paused before a slight look of disgust crossed her features. "Well, except for guard duty....It's so boring and monotonous." She shook her head, then shrugged. "Gotta take the bad with the good though I suppose." She commented before briefly looking to see if the bartender was on her way over.

"So, do you come here a lot?" She asked Shard when she returned her attention to him.