Isla Aukate
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isle Aukate - Page 1524
[Image: 1524.png]
Adoption? Or mixed parentage?
(06-25-2017, 05:41 AM)Hariman Wrote: Adoption? Or mixed parentage?

The way mixed couples work on Aukate is that there are no halfbreeds. If a cat and a squirrel have kids their children will be cats and squirrels. It leads to some interesting situations as a squirrel who has cat in their lineage might have a cat baby even if their partner was a dog. Mind you, some races are incompatable and can't have children together, but most mammals can.
Navy? I thought there was no navy on Aukate? Huh

That's what Sock said here: https://forum.overlordcomic.com/showthread.php?tid=3

Quote:We do not have:
  • A Navy We have freight boats that are manned by humans that visit us twice a month. That's the extent of our interaction with the outside world and the ocean, aside from fishing.

I am very confused now...
That makes sense. Smile

The probably makes for some hilarious moments when an offshoot to an earlier ancestor strikes.

It also means that if I ever join the roleplay, it will be a little easier to important my skunk Raised by Wolves. ;P

Also, I do believe this is another case of a literal "a wizard did it" moment. ;D

Also also, thank you.
(06-25-2017, 10:32 PM)Tamara Wrote: Navy? I thought there was no navy on Aukate? Huh

That's what Sock said here: https://forum.overlordcomic.com/showthread.php?tid=3

Quote:We do not have:
  • A Navy We have freight boats that are manned by humans that visit us twice a month. That's the extent of our interaction with the outside world and the ocean, aside from fishing.

I am very confused now...

Obviously there are boats that act WITHIN the islands, otherwise people wouldn't have a means of getting from island to island and moving cargo from island to island. Many of these are controlled by the Overlord. Socks' posting signature also reads "I just keep the forums up to date and free from spam, and have no authority regarding the roleplay universe" which means she isn't necessary in the know regarding every little detail. In this case she was speaking on what she knew when we discussed pushing people away from playing active members of the navy because it would put them out of the circle of the main RP.

Sock's mention of 'Navy' meant boats that left the area of the islands where they would have interaction with the outside world, not that there was no Navy whatsoever. Hence her saying "That's the extent of our interaction with the outside world and the ocean, aside from fishing." It's just that since there's no battleships and the 'Navy' consists of interisland ferries and cargo ships they're nothing to speak of. It is not a 'Navy' in the manner that most people think of, hence it isn't of any consequence and we want to avoid people wanting to play Special Agent Super Soldier Underwater Sayan Seals or something when we need other roles.

Apologies for the confusion.
Cute family! I wonder if he's the only one currently serving as a minion?
Thanks for the reply and for clearing the confusion, Artemis.
"The way mixed couples work on Aukate is that there are no halfbreeds. If a cat and a squirrel have kids their children will be cats and squirrels. It leads to some interesting situations as a squirrel who has cat in their lineage might have a cat baby even if their partner was a dog. Mind you, some races are incompatable and can't have children together, but most mammals can." Artemis, that's very similar to the way that reproduction works in the universe I created for one of my stories. The female protagonist is a fox that looks quite a bit like a tigress because in her distant ancestry there were two tigers, one from each side of her family.