Isla Aukate
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fourm RP reopens November 1st
Bug 
I'm going to be overhauling the RP system a bit. I realize that Bootcamp has become a bit too cumbersome and cludgey as things have gone on and personally it can be fixed with a few simple tweaks to how I handle things.

Your acceptance into the RP will now hinge on a few key factors that will be considered based on how well myself and my Team feel you can fit in the universe including but not limited to:

1. Your profile
2. Your flexibility in adjusting to the setting.
3. Your knowledge of the Setting.
4. Your attitude in and out of RP.

First thing we'll do is review your character profile and if there's anything we feel is out of place, we will ask you to make adjustments. Gen has a wonderful primer on how to make a good solid character: https://forum.overlordcomic.com/showthread.php?tid=937

Bootcamp from here on will basically be /JUST/ the recruitment tent on KuaKua. We'll watch how you interact with people before you're interviewed by Darius and whatever crew he has at the time and how you interact with the NPCS. If you're accepted, you will move on to the Citadel.

I'm going to be a lot harder on pre-existing personal Characters unless you can show me you're passionate about the setting to the point of in many cases completely over-hauling the character itself, while this many not always be 100% necessary remember the Settng is not terribly flexible to accomodating your character, we ask that you work with us if you /REALLY/ want this.

Accepted characters: The forum is going to follow it's own continuity that may at times reference incidents from the comic but otherwise be it's own beast. I did attempt at one point to keep the current storylines in mind but with as fast as the comic paces it's just not possible.

When/if a character dies in the comic (for example) any threads those characters are a part of will be tethered in whenever that character was still alive and happened before they died.

I WILL NOT guide every RP. I can't. It's not possible. There will be times when I will "start off" an RP and engage it from beginning to end. There will be times I won't. I will tag these threads as "free runs" for people to just go have fun in. Remember however to respect some sort of posting order and give people time to respond before posting yourself.

As I feel you're ready for it I will give out privileges for posting your own threads. OR if you feel like you have a good idea for a Thread, you can come to me and request to start a thread and I'll consider it.

For those of you who are still in Boot Camp. I'll be going through and approving everyone whom I think is ready for the Citadel. Anyone who I am still unsure of I will be interviewing privately.
Wish there was a "Like" button for this.
All Hail the Overlord!
Awesome! Can't wait to continue :3
I'm very excited for this!
I got slammed with a few things that have sucked out my energy so minor delay on getting the ro up and running while I recoup my creativity and brain power. It shouldn’t take more than a few more days, and I have people to light a fire under me as well. Apologies for the delay. In the meantime those of you who are wanting to go into boot camp for this wave start posting your character profiles for revenues. I’ll be starting citadel RP first and then moving on to previous boot camp recruits and giving you a pass, re-roll, or one on one chat.

Thank you for being patent with me.
No worries. Life happens, and often in ways that interfere with plans. Thank you for the update.
No problem Smile
By the way, chronologically speaking, will the new day be on par with the actual arc of the comic, after Silver being freed by Darius from Ammolite?
The new day will be after this current arc takes place. (in which a year has progressed in-story) So Silver and the rest will all be around in some capacity. For awhile Darius is going to be one of the more prominent NPCS you'll encounter in the Lair, as well as Wolfbane. Silver still works in the lair, but he no-longer lives there which will be shown later. He may, if when interacted with, explain why, but he may not depending on how well he perceives to know your character.
Ok, thanks!