Isla Aukate
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor Major Update!
Hello everyone! I've been hard at work on the main site's back end code, and have finally gotten to the point where I am confident enough to publish it!

Some of the features include performance enhancements and a slightly nicer comic navigation layout. It's not just a big splat of pages anymore, it's organized by chapter now! There will be further performance improvements in the coming days as I work on other parts (including starting on the early access system in a way that isn't a horrible mess, and making things easier for Fox to use).

The downside is now some of the old links to pages are broken. I had to do that because the old link structure was making adding certain things very hacky.

I'm positive there are going to be other little issues that crop up here and there from this update, so please keep an eye out and let me know if something is broken!
I am an administrator from a technical viewpoint only. I just keep the forums up to date and free from spam, and have no authority regarding the roleplay universe; please contact Foxenawolf for RP issues :3
However, if you're having technical troubles, feel free to shoot me a PM!
Fixed an issue with the comics not updating. I had set it so that the update system would only run at midnight. However, it can only run if someone loads a page. So if nobody loads the page between 12:00 and 12:15, the comic doesn't get the signal to update.

I fixed it by having the system get the signal every 15 minute block, and checking to see if the comic needs an update before publishing a page.

Still posts the wrong publish timestamp though. That's been bugging me for way too long.
I am an administrator from a technical viewpoint only. I just keep the forums up to date and free from spam, and have no authority regarding the roleplay universe; please contact Foxenawolf for RP issues :3
Okay.. after fixing the page not publishing at all, the system then turned around and published the next page at midnight GMT, or 7PM EST. After identifying the cause of that (which was basically the same bug with the publish timestamp) I pushed the fix... and then the system realized it was midnight EST. So it published a page. Again.

On the bright side, the schedule should be back on track (with the publish timestamps fixed as well).
I've made a small change that gave a slight performance boost. I have plans for others that are similarly slight, but only apply to the comic pages. Then again, since those tend to be the pages people spend most of their time on, it should help a lot.

The trick is to cache data that gets read a lot but doesn't change often.
Thanks for your work! ^w^