Name: Lagius "Laggy" Eshyasei
Island of birth: Tiunu
Preferred occupation: Engineer/scientist
Species: Velociraptor
Eye color: blue
Hair color: red and black (feathers)
Height (in feet and inches):5'2" 

Brief character description: 

Lagius is a little on the short side, barely cresting 5 feet tall, save for his, well, crest.  His dark beige scales are striped with dark red streaks, patches of feathers adorning his right forearm, neck, and shoulders, with a bright red crest running from the base of his neck to between his brow.  His left left arm and leg, however, are prosthetic.  He's socially awkward and somewhat introverted, but isn't adverse to making friends.  Just, not too many.  He is polite, but has a powerful temper in him, and is exceptionally blunt, as his lack of social graces has left him with a filter that doesn't seem to activate until after he's committed a faux pas.  He's often lost in thought, occasionally needing multiple calls of his name to get his attention, and frequently oblivious to conversations going on around him, hence his nickname "Laggy," a name he doesn't seem to mind, as it's far less "textbook"-sounding than "Lagius."

Character background/history: 

Born to a somewhat well-off family, Laggy had a better upbringing than most.  His younger years had him in decent schools, while his teenage years were spent honing his mechanical aptitude and pension for engineering and electronics, leading to a college career in such fields.  Such time also saw him pick up some small hobbies such cooking and carpentry.  Curious to see where his strengths truly shone through, he set out for an apprenticeship in machining and fabrication on Tepetema, much to the surprise of his parents, and the natives.  His dogged determination eventually found him working in a machine shop, where the heat of the forges and ovens was bliss for the reptilian.  His education was cut short by an accident at the shop, when a large shelving unit full of scrap metal fell on his left side, damaging his left arm and leg irreparably, and lodging a shard in his stomach.

After returning to Tiunu, following a stint in the hospital, he was fitted for prosthetics for his lost limbs, which he was very thankful to have, but the shard in his stomach had left trace amounts of mill scale and rust behind, causing sickness and ailments which had him in and out of the hospital for the next four years.  Laggy never lost face, though, using his time healing to tinker with his new limbs as best he could, modifying and improving them to the best of his abilities, all the while continuing his studies in engineering.  Such studies eventually hit a roadblock, as most of the archipelago's best R&D was happening on Aukate, which, if that blowhard lion on the television was anything to go by, didn't take too kindly to the non-mammalians of the world.  Granted, he took the man's words with a grain of salt, but it still left him unsure for quite some time.

After word came round that Gaspar and Susan Breia had made their way to Aukate, as well as rumors that the smilodon had been enlisted by the Overlord, Laggy found his confidence lifted, and figured he'd try his luck as well.  This time his parents were much more resistant, but he was far too strong-willed to be deterred.  He wasn't entirely sure what to expect from the island, or its Overlord, but anything was better than sitting at home, doing little more than reading the latest news from the larger island.  He expects racial tensions to be notable, but hopes he can convince any naysayers that "cold blooded" is not all that the reptilians are.  Particularly since velociraptors are semi-warm blooded.  He hopes his findings can improve his own life, as well as the lives of others who've suffered similar accidents.  He's also hopeful that he can help with the public image of his kind, though such an ambition is, admittedly, secondary to his enthusiastic drive to learn as much as he can.
Well I will grant you've certainly done your research which is more than I can say for lots of others. At this point however I'm still re-organizing how I want to do the "Boot camp" aspect of the RP introduction. I'm impressed though that you seem invested enough in the information here and the story itself. It's nice to see.
Well, I thank you for that most kindly. I actually had about twice as much initially written, it was kind of difficult figuring out the major bullet points, and what was essentially just so much extra faff. As for the delay, I don't mind the wait. I had intended to mention that it's been over a decade since I've last partaken in these kinds of RP forums, so I figure a little extra waiting isn't going to be the death of me, heh.

And, ah... I'm a little embarrassed to admit I was a bit quick on the trigger with this, I still have a fair bit of catching up to do in the comic proper. I was so jazzed when I saw that the islands had actual dinosaurs, and I'd been meaning to try out something like this for a good amount of time, and just kinda... go lost in it, y'know? lol

To say nothing of all the typos and grammar errors... jeez, I'm an idiot sometimes...
You're fine. I'm still not 100% sure on wether or not Dinos would be suitable for a "first character" if only because they're a bit nuanced in their political standing with the rest of the islands.

But hey taking initiative, doing your research all that fun. I can appreciate that. May I inquire how you found the comic etc? It's not often I get new readers out of the blue and it's always nice to see someone take interest in the story.

I would also suggest stopping by my streams to interact with some of the other comic fans in real time. Gen (my co-writer) and myself dual stream on saturdays from 6pm to midnight EST on Tigerdie I draw the comic there while she plays games to keep everyone entertained ahah.

Check it out if you're so inclined and we will be happy to answer any questions you have more immediately: https://www.tigerdile.com/stream/littletales (obviously not streaming /right now/ but we will saturday evening c:
Nuanced is good. Nuanced is interesting, hehe.

As for how I came across the comic, I was browsing a comic directory, The Belfry WebComics Index; https://new.belfrycomics.net/view/all and happened across it under the "Transformation" genre. Usually such comics on offer are more mystically inclined, or are just "werewolf" affair, so seeing something different was intriguing, and finding that it had a forum that was still active in some capacity was rather surprising.

Only other series I can think of that had such a thing is Dave Hopkins' "Jack," but... well, to say that one's gone a bit sideways is putting it mildly.
Ah I am familiar with jack. Part of the reason for the forum is so I didn't have to rely on disquis for the commentary, so I had my website wizard, Socks, integrate a forum into the comic commenting process. It made it easier to modrate, recently we moved to the mini quiz to remove the influx of Bots we'd gotten, and of course automatic integration into the forum commenting community (what there is of it)

Lots of additional discourse happens during the evening streams, and Gen and I work hard to establish a good, mostly well behaved environment for all involved.

I'm actually amused that I have a transformation tag. I guess it's because of Hector being a werewolf and possibly the Darnathi prototypers >_>. Also glad to see Belfry pulling in new Readers.
Such was my assumption as well, with Hector and the prototyping process earning the "transformation" tag, but then again, the Belfry's a little... loose, with it's specific criteria. One comic is labeled as "furry" because it has a single talking cat in it, and another is labeled "transformation" because of literally one single page, hell, three individual PANELS, where a characters skin shifts around unnaturally on their face. I wouldn't read too much into it, really, but it got me here, so that's something.

The quiz actually made me pause for a minute, because it asked me "What color is Bane?" And I had to stop and think "Wait, isn't she three colors? Red, brown, and white? Asking what color is something that has three colors, isn't that like asking which was is "up" on a D20?" Suffice to say the answer I gave was the correct one, but... chuckle-worthy anecdote all the same. At least, I hope so.
Tongue 
(10-19-2018, 09:10 PM)Foxenawolf Wrote: Ah I am familiar with jack. Part of the reason for the forum is so I didn't have to rely on disquis for the commentary, so I had my website wizard, Socks, integrate a forum into the comic commenting process. It made it easier to modrate, recently we moved to the mini quiz to remove the influx of Bots we'd gotten, and of course automatic integration into the forum commenting community (what there is of it)

Lots of additional discourse happens during the evening streams, and Gen and I work hard to establish a good, mostly well behaved environment for all involved.

I'm actually amused that I have a transformation tag. I guess it's because of Hector being a werewolf and possibly the Darnathi prototypers >_>. Also glad to see Belfry pulling in new Readers.

The transformation tag is something that made me laugh ...