Isla Aukate
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HMS Dressel
Walking into the lab and sitting down at her desk. Archeus looked up to see a goldleaf letter with her name on it.
Opening it up she went on to read.

It is the Overlords wish to design and build a research vessel that will be capable to perform the following tasks.
1. Have the ability to transport a crew to survey the kingdom.
2. Be of such design to move heavy loads to and from the Citadel.
3. Have the capability to test and research new developing technologies that may assist in the advancement of knowledge and the well being of our society. 

Archeus tapping on the table thought for a minuet.  She said out loud. "We shall rise to the occasion!"
She began to write feverishly. For the next several hours she poured over engineering drawings and marshaling her ideas.
From a vast library she pulled data spanning the ages.

Day two saw her sitting at a drafting table. Reams of long blue colored paper with scripts, scribbles and lines as long as the eye could see.

After a couple weeks had passed Archeus had, had several meetings with the Chimenticores. They were receiving instructions on building a large hanger over 350 meters long and 100 meter high.
Nearly the entire fleet had been mobilized and were giving this work maximum effort on all levels of construction.

Things were moving along and the islands main bay was a bees nest of activity.
While sitting at her desk Archeus got word that a vessel was approaching. With great anticipation she gathered her effects and went walking to the pier. She marvled at the massive machine on board.
She talked with the crew and instructed them where the Machine was to be unloaded and housed.
Jade stepped up beside Archeus. "Good afternoon, ma'am. I'm here to get a progress report on your, ah, 'little project,' as Bane put it," she stated, glancing over the busy activity on the pier. It was definitely quite the undertaking, but Jade loved seeing it come together and was more than happy to be the one taking the progress reports back to the Citadel.

She had to stop herself from daydreaming so she could actually get Archeus' report. That could wait until the trip back.
I am an administrator from a technical viewpoint only. I just keep the forums up to date and free from spam, and have no authority regarding the roleplay universe; please contact Foxenawolf for RP issues :3
However, if you're having technical troubles, feel free to shoot me a PM!
Archeus looked up to see Jade approaching. "And good afternoon to you Jade. Well the main turbine is here. As soon as it's off loaded I'll see it up to the hanger. This is going to be the main propulsion system." Archeus walked over to a large crate, 2 meters long and opened it up. "You may be interested in this." She started pulling out ganged hard drives. "There are 15 of these crates, these are the ships control and monitoring CPU's this will all have to be tested and assembled." The core will be moving these to R&D. I assume you will want to check it out on the simulators prior to installment?" She sighs. "There's a lot here to do. There is enough computing power there to have a fully functioning mobile lab for R&D. I expect parts to be coming in everyday for the next few weeks. if there is something you need please let me know. There is no doubt I've forgotten more than a couple items. Hopefully construction on the superstructure will be under way in a few days. I'm terribly anxious to see it start coming together."
Archeus looked up to see another ship was entering at the pier. It was carrying two massive telescoping cylinders and two large airfoils 75 meters in diameter.
Archeus's fur bristled. "Amazing" she quipped to herself.
As Razzle was walking by, his ears perked up when he heard "R&D". He then walked up beside Archeus.
"Excuse me," he said. "I don't mean to eavesdrop, but I heard something about a lot of new equipment being sent to R&D. Is this there anything in particular you would like for me to work on?"
Looking over the equipment, Jade responded, "Ah, wonderful. I'll have the Base Ops IT people get right on getting all this hooked up so we can start verifying that everything is good." She looked over the checklist, noting all the major components R&D asked for. "I'm sure if anything is missing we'll be notified of it rather quickly," she added.

As they went over the checklists, she noticed Archeus watching some ships come in, full of what were certainly more parts for the project. "This is definitely one of our most ambitious projects yet, but if it goes as well as I imagine we're all hoping it will be a game changer for us." Jade paused a moment, before slyly grinning and continuing "Maybe eventually we'll have another..."
I am an administrator from a technical viewpoint only. I just keep the forums up to date and free from spam, and have no authority regarding the roleplay universe; please contact Foxenawolf for RP issues :3
However, if you're having technical troubles, feel free to shoot me a PM!
(01-20-2019, 12:00 AM)Southpaw Wrote: As Razzle was walking by, his ears perked up when he heard "R&D". He then walked up beside Archeus.
"Excuse me," he said. "I don't mean to eavesdrop, but I heard something about a lot of new equipment being sent to R&D. Is this there anything in particular you would like for me to work on?"

Archeus's head buried in some paper work, "Oh why Razzle so good to see you. Our commanders have asked that we develop a research vessel that will enable us to go to the Isles and do research and mapping. Things are arriving daily. There are several things here." Archeus walks over to a crate and opens it up. A mess of wires and solenoids lay within. "This is part of the Hydraulic system. Our station ops and the Chimenticores are moving these items from the pier up to hanger as well as R&D. If you want to familiarize yourself with it that would be spectacular! Let me know if there is any area in particular you want to concentrate on? A ton of things to do at this point. We'll all be in R&D lab testing a bunch of this, then installing it during the commissioning phase.
So glad to have you on board."

(01-20-2019, 12:02 AM)Socks the Fox Wrote: Looking over the equipment, Jade responded, "Ah, wonderful. I'll have the Base Ops IT people get right on getting all this hooked up so we can start verifying that everything is good." She looked over the checklist, noting all the major components R&D asked for. "I'm sure if anything is missing we'll be notified of it rather quickly," she added.

As they went over the checklists, she noticed Archeus watching some ships come in, full of what were certainly more parts for the project. "This is definitely one of our most ambitious projects yet, but if it goes as well as I imagine we're all hoping it will be a game changer for us." Jade paused a moment, before slyly grinning and continuing "Maybe eventually we'll have another..."

Archeus smiling at Jade. "I look forward to that Jade. I also like the idea of being able to visit the other islands and gathering samples of the flora for cataloging. I have an extensive library of such, but it's old and it's time to get our knowledge updated. And if the military needs equipment logistics this should certainly aid in those endeavors."
As Razzle looked at the mess of wires and parts, his eyes became large.
"How can I make sense of this mess?" he thought to himself.
"Excuse me, but are there any drawings or schematics showing how all of this is supposed to connect and work together? If you can help me with that, it will make my task a whole lot easier."
(01-20-2019, 12:30 AM)Southpaw Wrote: As Razzle looked at the mess of wires and parts, his eyes became large.
"How can I make sense of this mess?" he thought to himself.
"Excuse me, but are there any drawings or schematics showing how all of this is supposed to connect and work together? If you can help me with that, it will make my task a whole lot easier."

"Ah yes" Archeus pulled out her personal computer. "The crate marked 14T has all the supporting documentation with that system. Hmmmm lets see. I got a notice that particular box has already been off loaded. Looks like it's headed to R&D Lab-2. Base ops should have it up there by now. Lets go see if we can find it, there are some other manuals I need to look at too."