Isla Aukate
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isla Aukate - Retribution 54
[Image: 2224.png]
Oooh and Steel come in with a Burn.
Apex... Does not know what he can add to this conversation.

He doesn't know about the chimenticore transportation contracts beyond the very basics.

And he didn't even know Rook by name until it was said here.

The most he could add to the conversation is a simple "Please."... And he's not even sure that would help, given how well everybody else knows each other.
(05-25-2019, 04:07 AM)Hariman Wrote: The most he could add to the conversation is a simple "Please."... And he's not even sure that would help, given how well everybody else knows each other.

It's funny that's mentioned. 

Every word said here. They are Threats. Attacks. 

Not one is to plead or understand his position. 

You can be very shocked just how far compassion and empathy can work with earnesty behind it.
Music is the language that we all share. Dance well to your own inner tune.
I don't know that I'd go that far, Strat. To me, it seems that Darius is stating Rooks options in a plain, if simplistic*, manner.
*(regardless of his choice here Rook wasn't a monster back when they met, but this is a turning point in the choice of what kind of future he'll have)
Oh, a few kind words can definitely make a world of difference.

As can honest words spoken in frustration, anger, fear, confusion, and so many other emotions.

It remains to be seen whether those words will reach Rook... or if he really is an obedient monster.
Rook is clearly not a monster... the fact that his actions distress him is VERY apparent in the last few pages. But it's still a huge leap into the unknown world to directly go against the Aerie. For a chimenticore, that is, almost literally, the world.

A possible parallel - cult deprogramming. Maybe a bit harsh, but very much the worldview Rook is immersed in.
...ouch...